Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I have been trying to isolate my noise forever.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I'll upload a photo of how the new window gasket looks later tonight when I get the R1S back for my wife. The Gaithersburg service advisor said that he felt the gasket was folded in addition to there being a sealing issue. Maybe you guys could tell your service advisor that he should connect with the Gaithersburg one for advice on a solution?
curious about this as well.. maybe I can show Costa Mesa SC and demonstrate not all SC's brush off these issues.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Here is the video I attached to the ticket... Still working on the after photo... You can hear the wind noise change in pitch

Video

Ilovejunebugs

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition, F150 lightning
Occupation
business owner
Clubs

I had this issue with my drivers side window as well, just picked up my truck from the service center this week and they fixed it. Here is what they did:
Rivian R1T R1S Resolved (my) excessive wind noise 2023 R1T (cause: corner window plastic trim) 1712848424077-hd

Ghens

First Name
Ghens
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
I used black gorilla tape for the whole triangle window. Blends in nicely and resolved wind noise to a minimum. Basically just hear windshield noise.

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

We had our mobile appointment yesterday and the tech fixed it. My wife drove it after (and she was the one that noticed the wind noise in the first place) and she said it was so much more quiet.

We also had the locking panel of the tonneau cover replaced because the sprint clip that locks it into place broke.

While he was here, he checked the fluids, tire pressure.....8 point inspection.

Great service from the West Sacramento SC.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Here is the video I attached to the ticket... Still working on the after photo... You can hear the wind noise change in pitch

Video
Here are some photos of the now quiet drivers door. I feel like the a frame trim on the outside fits better, but haven't done q picture to picture comparison with the video I posted from before...

Rivian R1T R1S Resolved (my) excessive wind noise 2023 R1T (cause: corner window plastic trim) 1000014821

Rivian R1T R1S Resolved (my) excessive wind noise 2023 R1T (cause: corner window plastic trim) 1000014822
Sponsored