• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

Washington Removed

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Edit: removed because I'm tired of the angry mob thinking I'm trying to scam people
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Update: apparently it's legal to sell your car to a dealer in WA without the title in hand BUT not a private party sale. I was hoping to keep it private party to avoid dealer price gouging but oh well

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Update: apparently it's legal to sell your car to a dealer in WA without the title in hand BUT not a private party sale. I was hoping to keep it private party to avoid dealer price gouging but oh well
Yes, I believe that is true, unfortunately. Have you checked to see what Carvana, Vroom or CARMAX would pay? Sometimes their offers are way higher than one would expect. GLWS.

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
Yes, I believe that is true, unfortunately. Have you checked to see what Carvana, Vroom or CARMAX would pay? Sometimes their offers are way higher than one would expect. GLWS.
With these sitting on lots not selling at 110k I'm pretty sure they will offer less than 85k

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
With these sitting on lots not selling at 110k I'm pretty sure they will offer less than 85k
Could $85k or less, but it will definitely be more than a Stealership.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am sure you can get $90k for it, but I think prices have dropped enough now that $100k might be tough. Itā€™s a good starting point for negotiations though. Maybe even start at $105k.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

You only just got it after issues with an earlier one. Sorry you decided to sell so quickly - is it because you donā€™t like Rivian anymore?

OP
OP

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
i listed this at $100k because thatā€™s what I got from Carvana. I wanted to sell it private because I know what theyā€™re charging on top of that to resell. I assumed that because I could sell it to them no problem I could sell it private too but it looks like thatā€™s not the case

cleex024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model x
i listed this at $100k because thatā€™s what I got from Carvana. I wanted to sell it private because I know what theyā€™re charging on top of that to resell. I assumed that because I could sell it to them no problem I could sell it private too but it looks like thatā€™s not the case
There is no way they offered 100k... before I bought mine I reached out to many dealers and they were all sitting on their trucks for a few weeks and was ready to just let them go for under 105k

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I had a clown at a Ford dealership contact me to say that they had a used F150 Lightning Lariat available for the low, low price of $117k. I hope crazy listings like that make it easier for you to sell your R1T.

Sponsored

OP
OP

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
There is no way they offered 100k... before I bought mine I reached out to many dealers and they were all sitting on their trucks for a few weeks and was ready to just let them go for under 105k
Maybe itā€™s regional?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well, if you have a $100k offer for Carvana, and thatā€™s your price here, Iā€™m puzzled that you are still trying to sell hereā€¦. Saying that you are doing this solely for the benefit of the Rivian community is, wellā€¦.

Reactions: Guy
OP
OP

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Well, if you have a $100k offer for Carvana, and thatā€™s your price here, Iā€™m puzzled that you are still trying to sell hereā€¦. Saying that you are doing this solely for the benefit of the Rivian community is, wellā€¦.
Not sure why youā€™re so obsessed with thinking Iā€™m trying to pull one over on someone in this thread and in DMs. I owned an unwrecked, 2 week old car that I needed to sell. So I sold the car. Just accepted the Carvana offer

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Not sure why youā€™re so obsessed with thinking Iā€™m trying to pull one over on someone in this thread and in DMs. I owned an unwrecked, 2 week old car that I needed to sell. So I sold the car. Just accepted the Carvana offer
Did you tell them the Tonneau cover is broken and that Rivian disabled it?