Sponsored

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R1S, Hummer EV
Just installed mine on an early R1T which already had 2 factory horns. Installed on the driver side in about 40 minutes. First time taking the tub out.

1. Change your air filter while you're at it
2. Amazing improvement in horn sound
3. Thank you for fit and finish of the product. I changed my mind and did not purchase a DIY set because of the effort this company put into making the video and supporting this community. It was well worth it
Thank you for the order, kind words, and great feedback. We always love to see when people appreciate the hard work that our team puts into designing and creating a product!

Thanks again!
Sponsored

GatorRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green 2023 R1T
Occupation
Executive
Quick question......I have the horn in the box just waiting for a couple of hours to install....

But....last two weeks I have had 2 sets of 12v batteries die on me. One thing I would hate to happen would be to install this and then have the Service center say that it caused a battery issue the next time it fails (and there will be a next time).

Thoughts on whether having this hooked to the battery would cause an issue with Rivian covering 12v issues (this question is separate and apart from the horn actually causing an issue...more a question on Rivian's reaction given they will certain see it and notice it if they have to pull 12v again).

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Quick question......I have the horn in the box just waiting for a couple of hours to install....

But....last two weeks I have had 2 sets of 12v batteries die on me. One thing I would hate to happen would be to install this and then have the Service center say that it caused a battery issue the next time it fails (and there will be a next time).

Thoughts on whether having this hooked to the battery would cause an issue with Rivian covering 12v issues (this question is separate and apart from the horn actually causing an issue...more a question on Rivian's reaction given they will certain see it and notice it if they have to pull 12v again).
I know of someone who had the service 12V system message, and Rivian couldn't come out for another two week to check it out, but it drove just fine. Over that period waiting for the tech to show up, they installed a horn on their R1. When the tech was there to change out the battery, they only commented on how cool it was to have a louder horn and nothing about having it hooked up to the 12V system.

Unless the horn is being used, there is no draw against the 12V system. The relay needs the activation/switch of the factory horn to pull power, and that only happens while you are pushing the horn on the steering wheel.

Of course I can't say how every tech would react, but I can say that the horn will not be the reason why you would be getting vampire drain on the 12V system.

Hope this helps!

RealWheelsEV

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming into work today I had to use the horn and was so glad I had our upgraded horn kit installed.

I was in the right lane of a two lane road doing about 50 and was coming up to a semi that had been cruising in the left lane for the last couple of miles. When I’m about half way up his trailer he decided now was the time he wanted to get in the right lane. He forced me over to the right and I had to get the two right side tires of the R1 on the curb to avoid him. I laid on the horn and thankfully he heard it and quickly moved back over.

As a side note the Rivian did amazing well. Up the curb and back down was very smooth like it never happened.

Here is the section of road we were going down.
Rivian R1T R1S RealWheels EV Horn Upgrade Kit - Review & Sound Clips Videos IMG_4346

pfiorentino

First Name
Patrick Fiorent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 911
Occupation
farmer
I do not see the horn as an upgrade. I think the current horn is deficient and needs to be recalled/ replaced by Rivian. I sent Rivian an email and got, will pass it on reply. SAFT ITEMS need to jump to the front of the line.
================================================================
my R1s Safty issue
Patrick
Sat, Apr 13, 8:00 AM (2 days ago)
to Customer
Hi,

Please take this email as an effort to help.

I like everything about my R1s overall, but there's one concern I have: the horn;

While I adore all the natural sounds it produces, when it comes to the horn, it's a different story. The horn is crucial for alerting others in life and safety situations, and it needs to be effective. Unfortunately, the current horn falls short in this regard.

I had a close call recently, which made me realize its limitations. It would have been very bad and I blame the horn.

Is the horn on recall?
Is there a way to increase the volume of the horn?
Is there a replacement horn?
Can a software update fix the issue?

I believe Rivian needs to address this ASAP it is just a liability.

Thank you,

===============================================================
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for reaching out to the Rivian Customer Engagement Team! Apologies for a slightly delayed reply on my end, we are experiencing a higher volume of emails this period, so we are working around the clock to get back to everyone as soon as possible.

Thank you for being part of our community!

I’m so glad you like everything about your Rivian and you are enjoying it.

Speaking of horn, I completely agree with you that it is crucial for alerting others when it comes to safety. I appreciate your feedback, please be advised that we already received similar ones regarding this matter, and be sure that I will forward it to our relevant team. It’s in our interest to build a safe community.

On the other hand, if you feel like your horn is not working properly or needs a replacement, feel free to get in touch with our knowledgeable Service Team, they would be happy to assist you with this, and you are more than welcome to schedule an appointment through the Rivian App, or directly call our Service Support team at (855) RIVIAN5. +1 855-748-4265

Just a reminder, you will be asked to verify your Rivian account with the email that was used when you placed the reservation.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions or require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Our experts are available to assist you by phone at 888-RIVIAN-1. Alternatively, you can engage with us through our convenient chat service at the bottom of the Rivian Support page.

We’re always looking to improve here at Rivian, so I would appreciate a few minutes to complete a survey about your support experience with me. Thank you!
Sponsored