William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla P85
Occupation
Self
Hi Network,

My apologies if this has been answered already. Is there an ETA on when the ordered accessories will arrive? I ordered these with my R1T. I took delivery of my truck just over a month ago.

SUP Mount
Recovery Board Mount
All-Weather Matts
Cargo Cross Bars
Rooftop Bike Mount
Wall Charger
Manual Tonneau Cover
Snowboard Mount
Maxtrax Recovery Boards

Are service centres now selling spare tires?

Thank you, everyone, for your time.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Hi Network,

My apologies if this has been answered already. Is there an ETA on when the ordered accessories will arrive? I ordered these with my R1T. I took delivery of my truck just over a month ago.

SUP Mount
Recovery Board Mount
All-Weather Matts
Cargo Cross Bars
Rooftop Bike Mount
Wall Charger
Manual Tonneau Cover
Snowboard Mount
Maxtrax Recovery Boards

Are service centres now selling spare tires?

Thank you, everyone, for your time.
Your Guide should be able to provide tracking information. And you can buy spares in the Gear Store.

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
Sorry to say, but who knows. I have received several items, wall charger to touch up paint, which did not have a tracking number, per the online system.

As for the full size spare, I had to schedule an SC or mobile appointment, due to some locking system they want to ensure is set properly. I went with the mobile service since it was 40+ days sooner.

I have my T, Izzy, for 3 weeks as of hoy/today.

OP
OP

KingSize

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla P85
Occupation
Self

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

You can't buy spares directly from the gear store; when you click on the spares it directs you to call 855-RIVIAN5 to order.

However. I don't necessarily recommend buying spare tires from Rivian... the cost for what you get is asinine and they require a service appointment (they won't just ship them--at least when I received mine). It's better to see if you can find listings online for people who were impatient early on and just bought a 2nd set and are offloading the extra 3 tires they don't need (a lot of people are doing this). Option #2 is to go aftermarket if you're truly only ever going to use it as a spare (as opposed to a 5-tire rotation)

Sponsored

OP
OP

KingSize

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla P85
Occupation
Self
Roger that and appreciate it. I have a set of 22"Dark Sport and a set of 20" Dark for winter(the service centre allowed me to have courier pickup, and when autobody in my area changes and rebalances I need to call Riv to let them know the new tires I have on (they remotely adjust range calculations) Looking for a spare to get me by, but I read I need the spare kit, not just the spare to jack up truck as it is a specialized jack. Is this not the case?

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

Roger that and appreciate it. I have a set of 22"Dark Sport and a set of 20" Dark for winter(the service centre allowed me to have courier pickup, and when autobody in my area changes and rebalances I need to call Riv to let them know the new tires I have on (they remotely adjust range calculations) Looking for a spare to get me by, but I read I need the spare kit, not just the spare to jack up truck as it is a specialized jack. Is this not the case?
It's not a specialized jack at all. It's a scissor jack. And they give you a cheap plastic puck to put atop the jack so you can use the Rivian OEM jack points.

But honestly, if you had a decent bottle jack and a set of EV sportline (or similar) jack pucks, you'd be more than fine. Heck, I wonder if it'd even be beneficial to get a jack similar to this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WG4PPRJ and using the onboard air compressor would just save a ton of time and hassle....
Sponsored