Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Chevrolet 1500
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hello All
I preorder my R1S in January 2020. large pack, quad motor, green, OC, 21in tires. I’ve gone through 2 updates in my deliver estimates with the latest being June-July 2023. I’m waiting for the August timeline update. I live in Arkansas and am concerned that they may be delaying my order due to lack of SC or resources in my area. I’ve seen posts of people taking delivery with order dates in 2022. Does anyone know the characteristics that determine when your order is fulfilled? Is it still fairly common to see people waiting 3+ years for delivery on here? I’m trying to adjust expectation. Thank you for any feedback.
Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I’m a July 2021 order and I’m still waiting. I was initially 1h of 2023, but got bumped to 2024 when I switched to OC. I am now Oct-Dec this year. I’m in Minneapolis just a couple miles from the SC. I’m assuming your location is an issue.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

I live in Arkansas and am concerned that they may be delaying my order due to lack of SC or resources in my area.
Bingo. Location is almost certainly the reason for your delays. (If you're waiting for Ocean Coast vegan leather accents, that would be two strikes against you.) You mentioned in another post: January 2020 reservation and they won't even give you shop access ... that hurts.

Some have changed their delivery address and jump-started the delivery process (or at least access to the R1 Shop). Member @moosetags (aka, Brian, who reserved 11/28/2018) is a well-known example of successfully doing this. Send @moosetags a direct message and ask for advice on changing your delivery address.

In the big Rivian picture, waiting 3+ years is not "common." But you're certainly not alone. The most common factors that are pushing wait times that far include: location, any R1T Max Pack configuration, any vegan leather accents/trim configuration.

And welcome to Rivian Forums!

Final questions: is your configuration Launch Edition? Launch Green?

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

If you haven't already, check out this crowd-sourced website which compiles 620 survey responses from preorder holders who were still waiting at the end of April. Member @MrMusAddict has taken the initiative for this project after each of the last 3 delivery updates. He's created a wonderful resource for fellow data geeks.

After the April updates, only 3 out of 620 respondents were from Arkansas. So, I don't think Arkansas is high on Rivian's priority list for a future SC.

If you filter for R1S and quad-motor, you'll see that 27 out of 469 respondents reserved in Q1 of 2020 or earlier. 10 of those 27 are in Canada.

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I ordered a month earlier than you (dec 2019). I got an email saying they wanted to give me an extra month to think about my new options (dual motor). I'm sticking with a launch edition quad motor but haven't heard anything yet. I live in New Mexico which has laws that make it difficult to sell directly. There have been deliveries however and I still am hoping its this month. We'll see.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JBMurgo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Chevrolet 1500
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Bingo. Location is almost certainly the reason for your delays. (If you're waiting for Ocean Coast vegan leather accents, that would be two strikes against you.) You mentioned in another post: January 2020 reservation and they won't even give you shop access ... that hurts.

Some have changed their delivery address and jump-started the delivery process (or at least access to the R1 Shop). Member @moosetags (aka, Brian, who reserved 11/28/2018) is a well-known example of successfully doing this. Send @moosetags a direct message and ask for advice on changing your delivery address.

In the big Rivian picture, waiting 3+ years is not "common." But you're certainly not alone. The most common factors that are pushing wait times that far include: location, any R1T Max Pack configuration, any vegan leather accents/trim configuration.

And welcome to Rivian Forums!

Final questions: is your configuration Launch Edition? Launch Green?
Thanks for the insights. Yes, the configuration was the launch Edition, Launch Green.

tragicmonkey049

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Adventure; 2019 Toyo Prius
Occupation
Curmudgeon
I'm in Seattle. I preordered Oct 2021. Adventure R1S, Forest Green, 21" road. My delivery was Apr-Jun 2024. I got store access this past June (befriended a Rivian employee). The difference between my preorder & store vehicles: None in the store had 21" road tires, all were AT. All had the wood interior. All had tow hooks, about half had underbody shields. Seems like they're making the higher-end options first. I'll get mine in a couple of weeks now.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I ordered a month earlier than you (dec 2019). I got an email saying they wanted to give me an extra month to think about my new options (dual motor). I'm sticking with a launch edition quad motor but haven't heard anything yet. I live in New Mexico which has laws that make it difficult to sell directly. There have been deliveries however and I still am hoping its this month. We'll see.
I've seen other posts about the barriers to taking delivery for New Mexico residents. For what it's worth, a recent thread on reddit included comments by two people who said they picked up their Rivians at the Denver service center.

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
Right. I changed my primary to an address in Phoenix (which is way closer then Denver). My delivery address is still NM. I'm going to register it in NM so there is no point in delivering to Phoenix. My father in law lives in the same town as me and got his R1T more than a year ago. I have a launch edition so I'm guessing at some point they want those all made. We do have a traveling Rivian repair guy who seems to be in charge of all of the four corners (which is a massive area). I also have another order in that is configured and I get emails for that one saying that they can't deliver to NM yet alongside another email telling me to get excited because the LE is coming soon.

behoope

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Real Estate
May also depend on what part of AR, seeing more and more Rivian on the streets of NWA and 3 hours to KC (where mine was delivered from).

Sponsored

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
If you email and call their CS contact info and tell them you're flexible and will pick it up at the factory or, better for Rivian, another SC, you will likely get it sooner. But you'll have to deal with the registration folks mention here and in other threads re: out of state. They are really trying to avoid the "one off" delivery now via truck that's far from an SC. Not helpful in hitting delivery numbers...

ThomV

First Name
ThomV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi Q7 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Z2
Occupation
Retired
Right. I changed my primary to an address in Phoenix (which is way closer then Denver). My delivery address is still NM. I'm going to register it in NM so there is no point in delivering to Phoenix. My father in law lives in the same town as me and got his R1T more than a year ago. I have a launch edition so I'm guessing at some point they want those all made. We do have a traveling Rivian repair guy who seems to be in charge of all of the four corners (which is a massive area). I also have another order in that is configured and I get emails for that one saying that they can't deliver to NM yet alongside another email telling me to get excited because the LE is coming soon.
Hey Tim in Gallup any new news on picking up or delivery since you last posted? What's this about the Mobile Service being available?
I also have been getting the same letters but I've tried to set up delivery in Denver because I have family there. I'm on my 2nd Guide, did a First Drive on July 29th letters from Customer Engagement since and no clear answers on pickup, delivery until end of August.
If you have any new info on how to make this happen for both of us it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Thom

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
Hey Tim in Gallup any new news on picking up or delivery since you last posted? What's this about the Mobile Service being available?
I also have been getting the same letters but I've tried to set up delivery in Denver because I have family there. I'm on my 2nd Guide, did a First Drive on July 29th letters from Customer Engagement since and no clear answers on pickup, delivery until end of August.
If you have any new info on how to make this happen for both of us it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Thom
Hey Thom,

I haven't heard anything. I've never had a guide either. My father in law who lives in Gallup has an R1T for more than a year. He has had multiple small things fixed both in Gallup and in ABQ. The guy has a huge area that he covers but is a trained Rivian mechanic and does a great job. My order still says June-July and I'm a bit afraid of what it's going to say with the update but no word otherwise. I guess I'm banking on Rivian's wanting to get most of the launch editions out. I'm unlikely to need a bunch of service. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks...

ThomV

First Name
ThomV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi Q7 2019 Chevrolet Colorado Z2
Occupation
Retired
Hey Thom,

I haven't heard anything. I've never had a guide either. My father in law who lives in Gallup has an R1T for more than a year. He has had multiple small things fixed both in Gallup and in ABQ. The guy has a huge area that he covers but is a trained Rivian mechanic and does a great job. My order still says June-July and I'm a bit afraid of what it's going to say with the update but no word otherwise. I guess I'm banking on Rivian's wanting to get most of the launch editions out. I'm unlikely to need a bunch of service. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks...
Thanks Tim for the update. If you can share any info about the Mobile Service Rep running around NM sure would help. Hope you hear something s00n...

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I just got updated to October, November 2023 for the launch edition. If that were actually true, I could live with that. It's just that I've been told that they were going to deliver at a certain time so many times then it's hard to take them seriously anymore.
Sponsored