R1S
Clubs

Not even close
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I really would expect it to be done correctly from the factory but all options are welcome. I only have air to work on at the moment.
i might try buying a 1.5-2 inch circular drill bit at the hardware store and gently widen the hole so i can fit the entire hose mount through ... maybe haha still chewing on that idea

ECR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, FJ
Occupation
Engineer
Late to post, but I unfortunately learned about this during my kidā€™s outdoor birthday party; I had dozens of balloons to inflate.

Jemel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Like most others here I have the same issue. I mentioned this to my service advisor while scheduling my recall inspection/service, and he said it was the first he heard of it and had me send pics. Itā€™s now scheduled to be addressed by their mobile team. Iā€™ll post an update when they address it and try to give additional info if I can.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Iā€™ve seen this operation performed in the first couple days previously.
Wait, are you maybe thinking of that vasectomy doctor from last summer?

Sponsored

Jemel

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just an update on my end. Mobile service came out for the recall inspection and I mentioned the compressor nozzle. He popped the panel, reseated it, and popped it back on and all is working. He said heā€™s done that fix on several R1Sā€™s at that point. He mentioned thinking it was some engineerā€™s dream come true but an assembly nightmare :CWL:

TL;DR: easily fixable by mobile tech, and probably by those with patience to figure things out.

Edit: spelling

Rally1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, VS30, LR4, LR3
I pull the whole cover housing out to use it, but now I'll go check in a careful reinstall fixes it.

Ok. The air fitting is mounted to a metal l-bracket, I bent the bracket out a few degrees, and that helps allow the hose to properly couple. Still janky. Image attached if you feel adventurous.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Owners: Check your air compressor hose 8314FA5A-77D4-46CD-81AE-511AF4F5024A_1_102_o

Last edited:

exRiv33

First Name
Mixhael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Finally seeing this thread after going to fill up my kids soccer balls. Spent 15 minutes trying to get the hose connected. RIVIAN service needs to read these forums because when I called the service advisor made it sound like he never heard this before. Took delivery in SoCal about 2 months ago. Glad to hear mobile service was able to fix with a few of these.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S Owners: Check your air compressor hose CB1086C0-EC42-47E7-835B-0727239A0367
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Owners: Check your air compressor hose 14004953-17B1-4948-8F12-55EFF70E6AED

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Can confirm this is still a problem unaddressed by service before recent deliveries.

Sponsored

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

Both ends of my compressor hose came out of the bag looking identical. Shouldn't an adapter be on the end meant to attach to the tire valve stem????

exRiv33

First Name
Mixhael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

In the hose bag there there should have been a bag with the value and other attachments. I believe mine was in a zipper part of the bag.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Owners: Check your air compressor hose IMG_3710

Reactions: VSG

Placer Paul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired police officer and attorney
So a few folks over on discord have been reporting the air hose does not connect to the air socket because it's not pertruding far out enough.

I checked low and behold it doesn't snap on. Will put in a ticket, but PSA check yours.

PXL_20220923_215326138.jpg
I also had some trouble with connecting the hose, but after fiddling with it a few times it connected and worked. Still, I have to agree that the receptor for the hose does not extend enough to have the intended ease of connection.
Sponsored