Sponsored

R1S Height

csun22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, Dodge Charger
Hello all!

My wife and I are researching the R1S and read that the "max height with the antenna" is listed as 77.3 inches. Does anyone happen to know if that is the height with the suspension raised all the way up? That height is pretty close to the tallest we can get for it to fit in our garage. My hope is the "standard" driving height is a few inches under the 77.3 listed.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Hello all!

My wife and I are researching the R1S and read that the "max height with the antenna" is listed as 77.3 inches. Does anyone happen to know if that is the height with the suspension raised all the way up? That height is pretty close to the tallest we can get for it to fit in our garage. My hope is the "standard" driving height is a few inches under the 77.3 listed.

Thanks in advance!
That is how I understand it. Max height is with everything raised.

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
Hello all!

Thanks in advance!
Yes, max height of 77" would be with the suspension all the way up. At one point, the web site said ride height 72", so I'm assuming that's either the lowest it'll go, or the standard height. You can google it, and there are screen shots of the 72" height. Either way, you should be fine getting it into your garage

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
It fluctuates around 7.5 inches total, so I think the range is between 70 and 77, and the normal ride is somewhere around 72-73.

That is my speculation based on my questions during the test drive and Tesla ratios, so pinch of salt.

BradSomrak

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘16 Jeep.
Occupation
Atty.
I asked this question to CS this week. I was told in park mode the R1S is under 73”. (It was like 72.7, or something). In “sport mode,” which was explained to me as the lowest driveable mode for the R1S, the vehicle was under 74”. (Again, it was like 73.6” or something). My garage ”lip” is 75.5”, and the sport mode left around 2” of clearance.

I also asked about the height difference based on 20” or 21” wheel options, and CS said the height difference was negligible. For what it’s worth.

Sponsored

OP
OP

csun22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango, Dodge Charger
I asked this question to CS this week. I was told in park mode the R1S is under 73”. (It was like 72.7, or something). In “sport mode,” which was explained to me as the lowest driveable mode for the R1S, the vehicle was under 74”. (Again, it was like 73.6” or something). My garage ”lip” is 75.5”, and the sport mode left around 2” of clearance.

I also asked about the height difference based on 20” or 21” wheel options, and CS said the height difference was negligible. For what it’s worth.

Thanks for the info. It sounds like we'll have about 2-5" of clearance. We can make that work :)

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Keep in mind the cross bars in your calculations in case you attach those or any Yakima accessory you put on the cross bars. Could become an issue.

PiotrS

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Pilot
I was wondering how those with low garage height did after delivery. I got 74.5 in opening. R1S with 22s. Thanks.

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer

My understanding is that it is 72.1 in it's lowest setting. We have a relatively low garage door and it fits fine.

PiotrS

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Pilot
My understanding is that it is 72.1 in it's lowest setting. We have a relatively low garage door and it fits fine.
Thanks for the info. Might be a lot to ask but would you mind measuring your door opening to feed my anxiety about this? Thanks.

Sponsored

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
Are you asking how far it swings out?

Doctorjorts

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Surgeon
Clubs

Also keep in mind that the liftgate in the back will add another couple inches when opened (see pic) so you may want to plan to back into your garage, which then might affect where you decide to put your charger.
Rivian R1T R1S R1S Height IMG_2969

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have roof racks and needed to go Conserve+lowest to clear my garage.

PiotrS

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Pilot
Also keep in mind that the liftgate in the back will add another couple inches when opened (see pic) so you may want to plan to back into your garage, which then might affect where you decide to put your charger.
IMG_2969.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up but yeah there won’t be opening of the lift gate in the garage. But I’m ok with that as long as I can park the car in. The charger is already installed for my other EV and parking forward will work fine.
Sponsored