Sponsored

PSA: A fly inside the cabin may trigger an alarm.

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

This post serves as more of a public service announcement than a mere complaint.

Today, my alarm kept incessantly going off, a total of 12 times. Since I work from a sound-proof room in the basement and have no visibility of the outside world from my office, I constantly keep cameras open on my desktop. Throughout the day, I noticed the truck's hazard lights flashing inexplicably. At one point, I emerged from my office and performed a hard reset, but it had little effect as the alarm triggered four more times consecutively thereafter.

Concerned by this ongoing issue, I contacted the service department and submitted a ticket "for the record." However, a particular question posed by the lady on the phone bothered me afterward. She inquired about the presence of wildlife such as squirrels or mice. Well, I do reside in New Jersey, where gophers, squirrels, chipmunks, occasional turkeys, and yes, mice can be found. Fearing the worst, I ventured into the truck, enduring the scorching 90-degree weather without the comfort of air conditioning, and attentively listened for any signs of chewing wires. To my frustration, all I could hear was the persistent buzzing of a fly.

As a last resort, I decided to lower all the windows and took a brief ride. Miraculously, the issue seems to have vanished.

(Yes I had ChatGPT correct and "enhance" my post. I'm tired and drunk, leave me alone)

Rivian R1T R1S PSA: A fly inside the cabin may trigger an alarm. Screenshot_20230714_153844_Rivian

Rivian R1T R1S PSA: A fly inside the cabin may trigger an alarm. 2023-07-14 21_22_09-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT

Rivian R1T R1S PSA: A fly inside the cabin may trigger an alarm. 2023-07-14 21_21_55-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT
Sponsored

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully, it was at least a "horsefly".

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think you got tricked by Gary into driving your Rivian instead of working.
Sponsored