First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering if anyone has had problems using a Clipper Creek Charger at hotel/motel/lodging.

My wife & I recently went on a 2.5 week trip to Zion, Bryce Canyon, and Grand Canyon N. P. At two of the places we stayed at there were chargers available: Tesla Destination and J1772. Both times I tried to use the Clipper Creek charger, I was unable to initiate a charging session and had to rely of my 48-amp Lectron (gasp!) adapter in order to charge the R1T. Fortunately, I was able to charge successfully using the Lectron adapter

Anyone else experiencing issues with Clipper Creek chargers? Is there a trick to get them to work?
Sponsored

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
Hmmm. We actually have a clippercreek charger at the coast and has worked great. We’ve had it since October. Neither my R1T, not my wife’s R1S has had problems. We charge our Tesla with it using the adaptor and worked great as well.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I have two Clipper Creek chargers at home and have never had a problem. Although I've been to two hotels that had the same chargers and both were down with a red light and wouldn't work.
Sponsored