PPF - Bay Area

RivCA

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thought I would share my PPF experience with the community. Might save others some time. After doing loads of research around the bay area, I selected California Detailing in San Francisco for a full PPF wrap and Ceramic coating. I chose to do a full custom wrap, over the xpel Rivian offering, because I didn't like the look of the exposed edges of the pre-cut wrap and potential peeling issues when dirt gets under an edge.

How I made my decision:

- The owner, Jim, answered the phone and was passionate about his business. He knew everything about the job and products and was there for all the work including the follow-up apt to ensure everything was perfect.
- Customers reviews on Yelp were impressive.
- High Quality PPF Product - They only use the high quality Ceramic Pro PPF
- 2 coats of Ceramic coating by Ceramic Pro is included in the PPF price. I didn't find this price break from any other shop. All-in best value.
- Craftsmanship - looks amazing and literally can't tell it has PPF.

I should note, i paid full price and am only posting this because I had such a great experience.

Rivian R1T R1S PPF - Bay Area Rivian PPF
Sponsored

timgradywy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC40 Recharge, CTS-V2, Triumph TR6.
Are you still happy with the coating/wrap?

Did you order replacement badges from the local Rivian Service Center?

I'm expecting my Rivian this month and am trying to plan protection. After reading your thread, I sent California Detailing a message last night. They emailed me this morning and then Jim called me earlier tonight and was exactly what you said- very knowledgable, passionate, and nice. He definitely gave me a good feeling about their company.

I'm leaning toward Front PPF + ceramic coating (their Ultimate armor package). It seems to be the most cost effective option and historically, 95% of the rock chips I've had were on the front of the car. A full wrap + ceramic coating is ~2x as much and is ~10% of the price of a R1T in the Bay Area ($9-10k). IMO, that's hard to justify when I could buy good winter tires + new wheels + front PPF + ceramic coating for roughly the same price.

Thanks.

OP
OP

RivCA

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yes, very happy and with all the rain recently the hydrophobic beading leaves my truck really clean which is nice. I did not order new badges, they recycled the badges. To each his own on the full wrap, but I can say the wrap on the rear fender panel already saved me. When loading gear into the bed from the side it's easy to scratch the paint. Good luck.

Kangdonut

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Architect
Thought I would share my PPF experience with the community. Might save others some time. After doing loads of research around the bay area, I selected California Detailing in San Francisco for a full PPF wrap and Ceramic coating. I chose to do a full custom wrap, over the xpel Rivian offering, because I didn't like the look of the exposed edges of the pre-cut wrap and potential peeling issues when dirt gets under an edge.

How I made my decision:

- The owner, Jim, answered the phone and was passionate about his business. He knew everything about the job and products and was there for all the work including the follow-up apt to ensure everything was perfect.
- Customers reviews on Yelp were impressive.
- High Quality PPF Product - They only use the high quality Ceramic Pro PPF
- 2 coats of Ceramic coating by Ceramic Pro is included in the PPF price. I didn't find this price break from any other shop. All-in best value.
- Craftsmanship - looks amazing and literally can't tell it has PPF.

I should note, i paid full price and am only posting this because I had such a great experience.

Rivian PPF.jpg
Thanks for this. I’m in the market up here and personal recs are everything

Sponsored

Kdblondie

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Office Manager
Clubs

My R1S is in their shop now! Jim and Carlos are great! I should have it back tomorrow or Wednesday! I also have the El Captain but went with the matte ppf. They are also doing all the black parts of the vehicle (the top,pilars and the parts of front & rear bumper) in the gloss ppf. Their warranty is 12 years! Most of the others are either 8 or 10 years. They had a special for October and my price was $6500 for the matte and an additional 1000 for the "black gloss" portions.

OP
OP

RivCA

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My R1S is in their shop now! Jim and Carlos are great! I should have it back tomorrow or Wednesday! I also have the El Captain but went with the matte ppf. They are also doing all the black parts of the vehicle (the top,pilars and the parts of front & rear bumper) in the gloss ppf. Their warranty is 12 years! Most of the others are either 8 or 10 years. They had a special for October and my price was $6500 for the matte and an additional 1000 for the "black gloss" portions.
Please post a photo when you're done. I flirted with matte as well.

Ed C

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 440ic, Tesla Y, Maverick, Tahoe, F150
Another shoutout for Jim and Carlos at California Detailing in San Francisco. They did a great job on our Dual Max R1S. We opted for the full front PPF to avoid the front end of our R1S suffering the fate of our 2013 Tahoe. Highly recommended.
Sponsored