Clubs

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
This thread is very reminiscent of ~20 years ago when a group of Ducati ST riders held a relatively impromptu meetup in Torrey, UT. This was in the email list-serve days and hosted as a Yahoo Group. What started as a one off, became an annual meetup at a different location every year (a few repeats over the years), and even spawned a second event on the East Coast.
While the attendance has varied over the years, there is a group of riders that had gathered every year since until last year when COVID ended the streak. Some very good probably lifelong (sadly true for a few members) friendships were developed with just internet messaging and a once a year face-to-face.
Hope this develops into something similar.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

This thread is very reminiscent of ~20 years ago when a group of Ducati ST riders held a relatively impromptu meetup in Torrey, UT. This was in the email list-serve days and hosted as a Yahoo Group. What started as a one off, became an annual meetup at a different location every year (a few repeats over the years), and even spawned a second event on the East Coast.
While the attendance has varied over the years, there is a group of riders that had gathered every year since until last year when COVID ended the streak. Some very good probably lifelong (sadly true for a few members) friendships were developed with just internet messaging and a once a year face-to-face.
Hope this develops into something similar.
Definitely no reason we can't make this happen...maybe not the "geographical" center of the US, @kanundrum hahaha...who actually lives in KS....I kid. I am sure there are some great things about Kansas. Ozarks would be sweet. Colorado. Osceola National Forest. Ocala National Forest.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Places I'd like to see us go include The Mojave Road, Death Valley, Oregon Dunes, Washington Overland Trail just to name a few. It would be great to have a local team plan an itinerary and guide a trip.
Fantastic idea. I've thought about some of the same & possibly even working with Rivian or lining up sponsors to help out.

Has the potential to be can't miss adventure events. Jeep has an incredible community but there are ways Rivian could be better.

Sponsored

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This sounds fantastic and I could definitely see it turning into an annual tradition! Being an introvert even online, I haven’t posted a lot but have learned a ton and really appreciate the friendliness of this forum. It would be great to meet some of you in person once deliveries start (hoping my LE R1S arrives before the end of the year, but happy to gawk over the early deliveries if it hasn’t arrived yet or I switch to the max pack).

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Sounds like a hoot. I’m in. Great reason to go on an adventure and hang out with fun folks.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
We could just enroll all our wives in the Rebelle Rally and meet there. :)
My wife would make a perfect navigator..... She's always telling me where to go...:swear:

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
I've been thinking about this a lot also.... @skyote I'm with you on Central, TX and I'd be ready to help plan an itinerary in and around Austin. I could see us mixing up some state park visits, food, and small town charm... Or how about taking a tour of the Willow Loop area next spring during wildflower season? Too bad we don't have the Rivians now as the Bluebonnets are really starting to pop.

Then I could see some guys from Colorado setting up an itinerary for their neck of the woods, and PNW guys doing the same.

It becomes the beginning of a user group or fan club.... We need a name... lol. Instead of Jeep Jamboree we have the Rivian Roundup...

Places I'd like to see us go include The Mojave Road, Death Valley, Oregon Dunes, Washington Overland Trail just to name a few. It would be great to have a local team plan an itinerary and guide a trip.
This would be awesome! And rather than Roundup...how about Rivian Adventure Team Texas, Rivian Adventure Team Washington, Rivian Adventure Team New Jersey...ect...for a Rivian Adventure Event. Goes better with the charging Network.

Sponsored

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
This would be awesome! And rather than Roundup...how about Rivian Adventure Team Texas, Rivian Adventure Team Washington, Rivian Adventure Team New Jersey...ect...for a Rivian Adventure Event. Goes better with the charging Network.

I like it... It also sounds less like weed killer!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Definitely sounds like a ton of fun in any case count me in assuming scheduling works out! If any help is needed I have organized various race events, club events with all logistics. I use to own a FRS/86 and we would do a "EXPO" where we would have 3 days of Track/Racing, Food trucks, Scenic Drives etc all official with T-Shirts, Hotel Discounts, Insurance and all that paperwork for about 400+ people.

I just do it for a hobby but its always a great time to meet new people. I am doing something similar for the Alfa world and I have offered a while back to Rivian if they need any East coast coordination to let me know.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Great suggestion, Skyote!

Salida sure makes a lot of sense, especially given what PT and the people there have done with Rivian. Telluride would certainly be one of those special places. Jackson, Wyoming and Park City, Utah are also up there. Park City has a great combo of interstates (15, 80 and 84) serving it.

The RAN looks like it has picked a spot near the Southern entrance to Yellowstone Park, which is around Flagg Ranch, that sits near the shared boundary with Grand Teton N.P. I know I’ve stayed in a lodge there, but will have to see how that’s changed since back then. The nice thing is that it serves as a stepping off point for both NPs, as well as some areas outside of the parks.

Depending on chargers, West Yellowstone has outstanding mountains, rivers, and lakes all around it, in addition to the park. World-class fly fishing is all over that area. The RAN looks to be heading there as well and there is at least some limited charging available there already.

Anywhere in the Southern Utah/North Rim area of the Grand Canyon has potential. Canyonlands N.P. comes to mind.

I hate to have a left-coast only perspective on this, but that’s what I know best. Trying to at least keep it off the coast, just due to the distance. If not for that, the Charleston and Savanah areas would also be great.

I hope folks from New England and the Great Lakes regions also chime in, along with others from all over.
I'd be up for Yellowstone! It is on my bucket list!

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
Chattanooga TN would be a great spot to explore the southern Appalachians from.

I'm in TX so central TX would be really easy for me but not that big of an adventure. My wife has family in Salida so that one would be an easy one for me to convince her that we should go.

Ouachitas in southeastern OK, Ozarks of Arkansas, Devil's tower WY and neighboring Western Nebraska.....so many places!!
Sponsored