First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
I did the software update last night, and the one issue that I’m having so far is my phone as key isn’t working properly. It unlocks the car when I approach, but it does not start when I put my foot on the brake and It asks to present the card key to the door.
Fortunately, I am having my axles greased today by Rivian service and the technician that is doing it hasnt heard of this issue since the software update, but he’s going to look into it. I’ll let you know if it resolves hopefully I don’t have to wait till the next software update.
Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
I did the software update last night, and the one issue that I’m having so far is my phone as key isn’t working properly. It unlocks the car when I approach, but it does not start when I put my foot on the brake and It asks to present the card key to the door.
Fortunately, I am having my axles greased today by Rivian service and the technician that is doing it hasnt heard of this issue since the software update, but he’s going to look into it. I’ll let you know if it resolves hopefully I don’t have to wait till the next software update.

Did you try rebooting you phone?

OP
OP

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
I forgot to mention that I did a soft reset and a hard reset and neither fixed the problem

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
So the trick was to remove the phone as key from the app and the vehicle and then re-pair them. Whew!

Clovis

First Name
M@
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for posting! I’m having the same issue.
Sponsored