Sponsored

Petition to open the Meijer Howard (Green Bay) EA site!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2003 Nissan 350Z
Clubs

There are zero fast chargers in all of Northeast Wisconsin (Green Bay, Fox Valley, Door County). Electrify America has installed 6 chargers at the Meijer grocery store in Howard (northwest Green Bay), however they have still not been activated. This appears to be due to the city/village not completely final inspections to authorize turning it on. Meanwhile, it is currently Packer football season in Green Bay, a time of majorly increased road traffic in the area. EV users desperately need these chargers in order to enjoy our time in the Green Bay area. Sign the petition to turn on the Meijer Howard EA chargers!!!

https://chng.it/Y7p9BWy2nT
Sponsored

ridgetopview

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S, Rivian R1T, Audi Q5, Case-IH
Occupation
Lean XP/SW Consultant
There are zero fast chargers in all of Northeast Wisconsin (Green Bay, Fox Valley, Door County). Electrify America has installed 6 chargers at the Meijer grocery store in Howard (northwest Green Bay), however they have still not been activated. This appears to be due to the city/village not completely final inspections to authorize turning it on. Meanwhile, it is currently Packer football season in Green Bay, a time of majorly increased road traffic in the area. EV users desperately need these chargers in order to enjoy our time in the Green Bay area. Sign the petition to turn on the Meijer Howard EA chargers!!!

https://chng.it/Y7p9BWy2nT
I've signed the petition but this needs broader and greater attention. The lack of high-speed charging in NE WI is beyond silly.

OP
OP
Vivian.A.Rivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I've signed the petition but this needs broader and greater attention. The lack of high-speed charging in NE WI is beyond silly.
AGREED! I abandoned the petition route bc it went nowhere, but thankfully some other folks have taken up the cause again. See the recent comments on PlugShare https://www.plugshare.com/location/353162 - user named John has been able to get ahold of some responsible parties at both EA and WPS. Unfortunately, planned activation this week hasn't happened yet, but we at least have the right people to harass now.

OP
OP
Vivian.A.Rivian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The most recent info from WPS and EA is:
Rivian R1T R1S Petition to open the Meijer Howard (Green Bay) EA site! 1702502946679

as of 12/13, still no activation however

ridgetopview

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S, Rivian R1T, Audi Q5, Case-IH
Occupation
Lean XP/SW Consultant
AGREED! I abandoned the petition route bc it went nowhere, but thankfully some other folks have taken up the cause again. See the recent comments on PlugShare https://www.plugshare.com/location/353162 - user named John has been able to get ahold of some responsible parties at both EA and WPS. Unfortunately, planned activation this week hasn't happened yet, but we at least have the right people to harass now.
I spoke with EA this morning and the person on the other end of the phone said, it is our goal to have a high-speed charger every 70 miles throughout USA. I love the grandiose vision but can we just get one turned on that's badly needed in NE WI, for non-Teslas it's a high-speed charging desert, I said.

Sponsored

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
The charging situation for CCS EVs in Green Bay is abysmal

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Another update on plugshare today. I hope this pans out because I could really use this station for an upcoming trip to Northern Wisconsin.

Rivian R1T R1S Petition to open the Meijer Howard (Green Bay) EA site! 1702524599428

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Another update from Plugshare--the utility (WPS) has energized the site and it's all in EA hands now. Fingers crossed for an expedient response from EA (haha).

Shill2801

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Forest Green
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just signed the petition. Here's hoping it opens in early 2024!

Shill2801

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Forest Green
Occupation
IT
Clubs

BTW, it's open now! Not a ton of activity on Plugshare as of yet, but we'll hopefully be able to try it for ourselves in a few weeks when we visit family.
Sponsored