Sponsored

Parking a Rivian

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
...I have a low bar. I can't even get Land Rover to update my Defender's software so I can listen to Spotify or run the car's WiFi hotspot. If the Rivian ever shows and can do those things I'd be happy...
I agree that the auto industry has a lot of catching up to do on the software experience. My 2019 Lexus RX does not come with CarPlay or Android Auto, and to make matters worse it doesn't even have built in navigation. I have to download a crappy unknown companion app on my phone for that functionality. And this is supposedly one of the best selling SUVs in America ...

I therefore have a high bar for Rivian to meet on this front. They are a new company without the legacy baggage that other automakers have, so I fully expect a software experience that matches our needs.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
But will it do this?

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
...I have a low bar. I can't even get Land Rover to update my Defender's software so I can listen to Spotify or run the car's WiFi hotspot. If the Rivian ever shows and can do those things I'd be happy...
since many Land Rover enthusiasts have complained the new defender is not enough like the old ones, Land Rover have made up for the lack of roof leaks, and other modern additions(such as elbow room for the driver) by using an infotainment system probably cobbled together by Lucas.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)