Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Question for all the new PA Rivian owners (except for TechNerd I guess haha): did you take your new car to get your first inspection right after you received it? I picked up my R1S through the Gaithersburg SC and finally got my PA registration and plates back after a month and a half wait. I know brand new vehicles are exempt their first year in PA, but you still need a sticker for that, right?
Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Question for all the new PA Rivian owners (except for TechNerd I guess haha): did you take your new car to get your first inspection right after you received it? I picked up my R1S through the Gaithersburg SC and finally got my PA registration and plates back after a month and a half wait. I know brand new vehicles are exempt their first year in PA, but you still need a sticker for that, right?
Sorry that I can't help with your inspection question, and that this question is a bit off topic, but I wonder if you'd mind saying about where in central PA you are.

The reason that I'm curious is that it seems no matter where I change my Rivian delivery address to, my guide keeps saying I need to go to Brooklyn for delivery. I really don't want to do that, as Gaithersburg is not only closer, but also far easier to get to.

Just wondering where the line is now. Until a few months ago, I was using a friend's address in Christiana, DE, but that too now seems to be in the Brooklyn territory. With luck, one of the NJ locations will open before my delivery is scheduled, so my issue may be moot.

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

I don’t know anything about new vehicle exemptions, but I drove mine without an inspection (and sticker) for a full year. I took delivery in March of 2022 and didn’t get a sticker and inspection until March 2023. To be honest, I was waiting for local shops to have some experience with rivians before I took mine in for inspection. Im not suggesting you do the same……drive at your own risk if you do though!

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
In the next month or so I'll be taking my R1S to have the tires rotated and will ask them (CJ's Tire in Lititz) to do the state inspection as well. I'll report back in this thread. I have the pucks and may stop by there this week to confirm they'll do it.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Google is your friend - you have 10 days to get a new vehicle inspected.

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/...als/Pub_45 Inspections Regulations/PUB-45.pdf

Rivian R1T R1S PA Inspection Question 1701184392794

Sponsored

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Google is your friend - you have 10 days to get a new vehicle inspected.
Awww - that wasn't nice...Now I can't plead ignorance (especially since I'm posting). "I'll get it done quickly Officer...I promise."

PAR1S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Ah, so much for pleading ignorance. Thanks Zoidz… and Google

ejf128

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X7
Had my R1S inspected at Just Joe's in Chester Springs (Chester County). I brought in my pucks, and they did a great job.

Having them swap out my tires next week as I barely passed inspection; got 26k miles on the original set.

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I took my R1S to CJ's Tire in Lititz last week for a tire rotation and state inspection and it was a great experience. I have my own pucks (they didn't have them) so that worked. The rear puck covers popped out with a finger push on the inner side, but the front covers required a small screwdriver. The other thing I had handy was the torque setting for the lug nuts (190 Nm or 140 ft-lbs). They were going to go and look it up, but I had the owner's manual up was able to give it to them.
Sponsored