Sponsored

Oooooh - could the end of the wait be in sight???

e4gaa1104

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S Tesla Model 3 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
Clubs

Just read a Teslarati article on Apple News which concerned a recent Bank of America Securities Summit where RJ and Claire Rauh McDonough made a series of announcements. As a pre price increase R1S order holder, this bit caught my eye. Could it be true? Had my delivery estimate pushed from April/June ā€˜23 to Oct/Dec ā€˜23. Dont want to get too excited butā€¦..

Rivian R1T R1S Oooooh - could the end of the wait be in sight??? 15351CD2-1C35-43BB-8572-B15F3E4FCFF1
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
As I've said many times before, this truck is a great value at even 100K. In my opinion there's nothing coming close to the capability you get with the R series for anywhere around 100K. The BMW iX is a pretty fairly priced vehicle but to get similar acceleration and range figures you need to get the M series and that's 110+.

Even then you don't get the towing or off road abilities. Granted I think the BMW has a little nicer interior and you can get the electrochroamatic glass that Rivian was supposed to have but even still, that just shows what good of a value the R1 series is. I trade vehicles every 3ish years and at this point it looks like I'll be trading into the same truck in 3 years time.

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
Ainā€™t no way. My R1S has been 2+ years in the making. It wonā€™t be here before November.

Im in part attempting to downplay what could be very positive news. That said, Iā€™m not holding my breath.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Just read a Teslarati article on Apple News which concerned a recent Bank of America Securities Summit where RJ and Claire Rauh McDonough made a series of announcements. As a pre price increase R1S order holder, this bit caught my eye. Could it be true? Had my delivery estimate pushed from April/June ā€˜23 to Oct/Dec ā€˜23. Dont want to get too excited butā€¦..

15351CD2-1C35-43BB-8572-B15F3E4FCFF1.jpeg
But nothing, don't get too excited. Just hope for the best.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Ainā€™t no way. My R1S has been 2+ years in the making. It wonā€™t be here before November.

Im in part attempting to downplay what could be very positive news. That said, Iā€™m not holding my breath.
Well said

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Here is the actual quote from Claire at the Bank of America event. Iā€™m not sure why Teslarati is saying mid-2023. That is not what Claire said.

ā€œā€¦ And then the final piece is ASP. And that ASP is driven both by the shift from our early preorder customers, so those pre-March 1st preorder business, which will largely be exhausted throughout the course of 2023.ā€

She is saying they will mostly work through pre-March 1 preorders by the end of the year. They will exhaust those pre-March 1 preorders in 2024.

Complete transcript: https://seekingalpha.com/article/45...rica-securities-2023-global-automotive-summit

Last edited:

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney

Thank you for this post. The thought of having my R1S by mid-year, or even by the end of this year, is exciting. I'm a pre-March order holder, but only by 24 hours, so seeing my Rivian in under two years would be great. This could change, of course; we all know that. So I'm not holding my breath. Still some nice news, so thank you again for the post.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

The delivery estimate refresh will be interesting. The later the estimates come out, the less optimistic I am we'll see any huge positive change. If you have good news, why wait.
Sponsored