First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a Juiced 40 amp level 2 charger at my house. It charges up to 9 kW. Generally I’m happy with it. But I noticed after reaching the 70% charge set point , the Rivian constantly starts and stops the charge process (via the juiced app notifications - since disabled). This never occurred with my BMW i3 BEV. Maybe Rivian just needs to add a 5% buffer before it triggers the charge process again. Either that or figure out how to keep charging with the vehicle remaining silent…
Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
How long does it start charging for and how long does it stop. I also charge 40a to 70% but don't have notifications so would need to manually watch the charger.

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
I haven’t noticed that either. But I charge with the Rivian portable charger on a 14-50 plug… I wonder if it keeps kicking on and off to stay at 70% and isn’t trickle charging after hitting the desired charge level?

OP
OP
Michaewh

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
How long does it start charging for and how long does it stop. I also charge 40a to 70% but don't have notifications so would need to manually watch the charger.
I received 17 “charging complete” notifications in 80 minutes…

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I received 17 “charging complete” notifications in 80 minutes…
Okay, set a timer for ten minutes. R1T is currently plugged in (Tesla HPWC) and full, not charging but gear guard + alarm on.

Sponsored

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
So ten minutes came and went with no charge activity.

I then grabbed the key fob and when I got about 10ft from the truck (but other side of the garage door so gear guard can't see me) it started charging.

I know passive key is disabled now but Bluetooth was off my phone.

When it stopped charging (few minutes) I tried again and the fob didn't seem to make it wake/start charging, probably just a coincidence.

That was a long winded way of saying "yes" appears to periodically charge but don't have any more details than that.

You might try turning off Bluetooth, move the key to the far side of the house, turn off gear guard/alarm and see what happens.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I have noticed if I get near my truck after it has completed charging, if I unlock to remove charging cord I will hear the wall charger kick on before I can get the cord removed. It seems to wake the truck and start a charge again, then soon stop due to 70%/complete.

Last edited:

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Came out this morning and noticed the truck was locked and charging, so yes looks like it kicks on/off charging often.

Hopefully they can reduce some of the drain OTA.
Sponsored