Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Porsche Taycan, Tesla Model Y, Mini
Occupation
Physician
My detailed timeline is chronicled below:

……Here’s my question – Will Ocean Coast Interior (Which is what I have wanted for my R1S Launch Edition from Day 1) be available for my Newly Updated Delivery Window of October – December, 2022 ??

The frustration I am feeling is that several weeks ago (and PRIOR to the June 11, 2022 Updated Delivery Window Email) at the advice of my Guide, I switched my interior from Ocean Coast to Forest Edge – only because the Forest Edge would keep me on track for my May 2022 delivery and that Ocean Coast would delay me until the Fall (which is, as it turns out, when my Newly Updated Delivery Window will occur anyway – despite changing to Forest Edge!)

In other words, IF I had just kept my original configuration of Ocean Coast, would my Newly Updated Delivery Window still be October – December, 2022 ??

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 21, 2019

Deposit placed for R1S Launch Edition

Order # 7,6xx

November 16, 2020

The Rivian Configurator Opens

I Configured an R1S – Glacier White, Ocean Coast Interior

November 23, 2021

Rivian Email – “Your updated Rivian R1S delivery window

Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now April - May 2022

April 12, 2022

Intro Call with Rivian Guide, formalized my R1S Build, Glacier White with Ocean Coast Interior

April 21, 2022

"Your Preliminary Buyer's Agreement has now been signed by all parties. You can securely download the completed documents here:"

April 25, 2022

Tony Caravano’s Email:

On Monday, we emailed several updates to the Rivian community
…. Right now, that outreach is planned for May. If you’re willing to shift certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner….

And as a reminder, we plan to share refreshed delivery window estimates with all preorder holders via email in the coming weeks.
Why is Rivian prioritizing Black Mountain and Forest Edge interiors?

..... prioritizing Black Mountain and Forest Edge interiors will allow us to produce and deliver the most vehicles as quickly as possible.

...Ocean Coast will begin delivering in the Fall….

.... if speed of delivery is your priority, switching to Black Mountain or Forest Edge may improve your vehicle’s delivery window….

….. We now anticipate Ocean Coast deliveries to begin in the Fall….

May 21, 2022

Correspondence from my Guide (when I asked if I should change from Ocean Coast to Forest Edge):

“I hope this email finds you and your family well!

I know this is not an easy decision. What I always tell my customers is that I want you to have the vehicle you want. That being said, what is more important, taking earlier delivery or having Ocean Coast interior?

The Forest Edge is a beautiful color for an interior. I love the wood inlay that comes with that interior. It is my favorite wood of all that we offer. You would most likely take earlier delivery if you do change to either green or black. I wish I could give you a more distinct timeline of when that would be."

May 21, 2022

Me: “This sounds like a plan

Let's change the interior color to Forest Edge

Thank you so much

I do appreciate it

May 21, 2022

Guide: “The change has been made. You should receive an email notification verifying this.

I can't wait until I can let you know your R1S is almost ready. I am hoping not too much longer.

I hope you have a good weekend as well. Take care!”

June 11, 2022

Rivian Email - Update to your R1S estimated delivery window

Your Launch Edition R1S estimated delivery window is October - December 2022
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
No one really knows, at this point.

If it were me, I'd leave your config alone and once you get your guide contact you can ask what changing to OC will do to your estimate. I'd want to protect that production slot.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023

……Here’s my question – Will Ocean Coast Interior (Which is what I have wanted for my R1S Launch Edition from Day 1) be available for my Newly Updated Delivery Window of October – December, 2022 ??

The frustration I am feeling is that several weeks ago (and PRIOR to the June 11, 2022 Updated Delivery Window Email) at the advice of my Guide, I switched my interior from Ocean Coast to Forest Edge – only because the Forest Edge would keep me on track for my May 2022 delivery and that Ocean Coast would delay me until the Fall (which is, as it turns out, when my Newly Updated Delivery Window will occur anyway – despite changing to Forest Edge!)

In other words, IF I had just kept my original configuration of Ocean Coast, would my Newly Updated Delivery Window still be October – December, 2022 ??

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

February 21, 2019

Order # 7,6xx

November 16, 2020

November 23, 2021

April 12, 2022

Intro Call with Rivian Guide, formalized my R1S Build, Glacier White with Ocean Coast Interior

April 21, 2022

"Your Preliminary Buyer's Agreement has now been signed by all parties. You can securely download the completed documents here:"

April 25, 2022

Tony Caravano’s Email:

…. Right now, that outreach is planned for May. If you’re willing to shift certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner….

And as a reminder, we plan to share refreshed delivery window estimates with all preorder holders via email in the coming weeks.

..... prioritizing Black Mountain and Forest Edge interiors will allow us to produce and deliver the most vehicles as quickly as possible.

.... if speed of delivery is your priority, switching to Black Mountain or Forest Edge may improve your vehicle’s delivery window….

May 21, 2022

Correspondence from my Guide (when I asked if I should change from Ocean Coast to Forest Edge):

I know this is not an easy decision. What I always tell my customers is that I want you to have the vehicle you want. That being said, what is more important, taking earlier delivery or having Ocean Coast interior?

The Forest Edge is a beautiful color for an interior. I love the wood inlay that comes with that interior. It is my favorite wood of all that we offer. You would most likely take earlier delivery if you do change to either green or black. I wish I could give you a more distinct timeline of when that would be."

May 21, 2022

Thank you so much

I do appreciate it

May 21, 2022

Guide: “The change has been made. You should receive an email notification verifying this.

I can't wait until I can let you know your R1S is almost ready. I am hoping not too much longer.

June 11, 2022

Exact same situation for me. I emailed my guide June 11 asking the same question as you. I haven’t heard back, but it won’t really matter until my delivery window starts, many months from now.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

February 21, 2019

Order # 7,6xx

November 16, 2020

November 23, 2021

April 12, 2022

April 21, 2022

April 25, 2022

Tony Caravano’s Email:

May 21, 2022

May 21, 2022

Thank you so much

I do appreciate it

May 21, 2022

June 11, 2022

The frustration is palpable....it's coming....stay strong
Sponsored