Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

“Rivian is the best performing stock in my portfolio”
- No One

Cancelled my order and got my deposit back. Been a long journey and failed in execution. I feel like I dodged a bullet.
Rivian R1T R1S Not looking too good for continued operations beyond 2025 1713562424177-a9

Some people just like the attention to be on them.

Glad you listened to your own inner demons and didnt get a Rivian. I’d hate for you to buy one and be so miserable with your purchase. Congrats on dodging your bullets. I sincerely wish you the best on your journey.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
“Rivian is the best performing stock in my portfolio”
- No One

Cancelled my order and got my deposit back. Been a long journey and failed in execution. I feel like I dodged a bullet.
Yeah, I feel like a dodged a bullet every time I take the Green Lantern of a long, stress-free, adventurous drive to beautiful places.

OP
OP
Kevlar

Kevlar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Management
OP just cancelled and got refund back... how many more excuses will OP have to necro this thread some more LOL
I keep bringing it up b/c of the replies the original point had gotten. My original premise was that Rivian might cease operations beyond 2025, and I wanted to stay on point through that time period to see if my original point was correct.

Did you have any comment on the point or just my necro of the thread? Are you shareholder? Do you think the company is performing well?

I'd rather have people stick to one topic and finish it than troll 20 topics with no content.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Nice FT article - https://www.ft.com/content/ff4002a9-57a3-448c-af49-f665f38340ae

- Rivian's CFO expects the company to earn a gross profit in 2023...enough cash to maintain operations through the end of 2025
- Rivian has become a key player in the economy of Normal, Illinois
- Market capitalization has dropped from $162bn to $12.5bn, yikes!
- Targets to produce 50,000 vehicles in 2023
- plenty of shortfalls in Rivian's ability to meet expectations while the market sees increasing competition

I was thinking about why I don't have my pre-ordered Rivian and it's because so many changes were made that the product is no longer what I wanted when i engaged the pre-order (may 2019). I can't be alone in how I feel.

What's the plan here? Ive been a fan for so long but this is just isn't feeling recession proof (as a product or as an investment). It's hard to say when enough is enough; macro or micro indicators have all been pointing in the direction of parting ways.

Are others just riding this out (to what ever exit becomes available)?

this you?

Rivian R1T R1S Not looking too good for continued operations beyond 2025 IMG_4106

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Clubs

I think forums are equally filled with “Fanbois” and people who come to complain about their issues with the vehicle. The. There are the vast majority of owners who have no problems and better things to do.
One of my doctoral students was in the lab with one foot in a bucket of boiling water and one foot in a bucket of ice water. Another student yelled "OMG Karen how are you doing????" To which Karen replied, "on average I'm doing well."

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Ignore the opinions of so called experts. Tesla was in a really bad position in 2015/2016 and almost failed. All the so called experts predicted they were going to go bankrupt.

if Rivian works on improving quality (same issue Tesla had back in 2015/2016) they will succeed and be an EV truck leader. My opinion

have faith in the product
And there is one glaringly obvious difference between Tesla and Rivian: RJ isn’t an unstable maniac. If Tesla survived then, under direction of a maniac… pretty sure Rivian can and do better. Still on-target to turn small profit by Q4. That’s quicker than Tesla’s track.

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I keep bringing it up b/c of the replies the original point had gotten. My original premise was that Rivian might cease operations beyond 2025, and I wanted to stay on point through that time period to see if my original point was correct.

Did you have any comment on the point or just my necro of the thread? Are you shareholder? Do you think the company is performing well?

I'd rather have people stick to one topic and finish it than troll 20 topics with no content.
Just check back on Jan 1, 2026 if you just want to see if your original prediction will come to fruition.

My prediction is you will be wrong. There are many ways for a successful product to continue operations. Additional funding/investors, merger, or their plan actually works.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Nice FT article - https://www.ft.com/content/ff4002a9-57a3-448c-af49-f665f38340ae

- Rivian's CFO expects the company to earn a gross profit in 2023...enough cash to maintain operations through the end of 2025
- plenty of shortfalls in Rivian's ability to meet expectations while the market sees increasing competition

I was thinking about why I don't have my pre-ordered Rivian and it's because so many changes were made that the product is no longer what I wanted when i engaged the pre-order (may 2019). I can't be alone in how I feel.

What's the plan here? Ive been a fan for so long but this is just isn't feeling recession proof (as a product or as an investment). It's hard to say when enough is enough; macro or micro indicators have all been pointing in the direction of parting ways.

Given that this article was written a year ago, before the R2, R3, and R3X product launches, and before the announcement that Rivian will be producing the R2 in Normal, it seems like the conditions which spurred this article no longer exist. Since the thread is based on the outdated article, I think that means this thread is objectively irrelevant now.

John Binford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2922 Rivian RT1
Occupation
Retired
At 70 years old I place RT! in the Flag mode and open up over 800 horsepower back in the good old days. (Hard to except loosing to a pick up truck without the smell of burned rubber) Reminding me of military air plane doing war area landing forcing me deep into a cargo net. Meeting the boys at the top of clear cut for a elk or dear hunt. Nothing like a Sunday cruse with the rhino rims and set of defender, never looking for high test or race fuel.
Knowing that it cost big time someone hit or damage happen. Must be on the defense all the time! I SURE DO ENJOY THE LAST YEARS OF DRIVING A VEHICLE LIKE THIS! What a treat!

Arlden

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S

I totally feel you on the changes with Rivian. It's frustrating when what you signed up for isn't what's being delivered. I've been a fan for a while too, but with the constant shifts and the market woes, it's hard not to question the whole thing. Are you thinking of sticking around, or are you considering other options?

Kidentist

First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Cayenne E-Hybrid
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
Rivian R1T R1S Not looking too good for continued operations beyond 2025 1716224788851-q5
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG