First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
Did a pick-up of our R1S at Brooklyn this past Saturday. Copied here from my post in another thread:

Picked ours up today at the Brooklyn SC. What an odd place to have a Rivian center (Very industry wasteland vibe). Regardless, the place was packed, stacked, surrounded with T's and S's. They had just received a shipment this past week, and as we were getting our walk-thru on the S, another truckload showed up...blocking traffic. Lol. Our assistant said that probably brings the number to '100' onsite. I didn't see 100 but there was not an empty space, sidewalk, or space without a Rivian occupying It.

Though it was busy, they gave us the proper attention to look over the S and go thru all the setup etc. No rushing at all and very nice and thoughtful (Tips hat to Adena). All the panels were aligned well. Only two issues, a minor paint issue by hood and a broken plastic bolt cover under second row seat (I thought it was a release latch) . They did a paint repair right there and replaced the plastic piece.

The drive home was wonderful (though a long day). Driver+ worked well even in the rain. Two key cards, one carabiner, and one wrist key. Definitely end of quarter push, but didn't feel like 'another number'.

With all the Ts and Ss there, I expect many smiling faces for Christmas. Hope all my early pre-order forum-mates get theirs asap. All the other persons taking delivery there were late 2018, early 2019 orders. 👍🏻

1315 days from order to 'delivery'. Solid, great fit and finish, luxury feel...the drive home has initially convinced me it was worth the wait...commence the permagrin (as first coined by @DuckTruck)

PS-1st tune I played was Limelight by Rush. ...2nd was Iron Man by Black Sabbath. Had my playlist for the drive home. 😎

Rivian R1T R1S North East roll call IMG_9338

Rivian R1T R1S North East roll call IMG_9348 2
Sponsored

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
@superdavePA - are you a previous EV owner? Did you have to charge to get home? Was the vehicle full (90%?) when you picked it up? Home charger already installed?

Scozzt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy silverado
Occupation
Military
Did a pick-up of our R1S at Brooklyn this past Saturday. Copied here from my post in another thread:

Picked ours up today at the Brooklyn SC. What an odd place to have a Rivian center (Very industry wasteland vibe). Regardless, the place was packed, stacked, surrounded with T's and S's. They had just received a shipment this past week, and as we were getting our walk-thru on the S, another truckload showed up...blocking traffic. Lol. Our assistant said that probably brings the number to '100' onsite. I didn't see 100 but there was not an empty space, sidewalk, or space without a Rivian occupying It.

Though it was busy, they gave us the proper attention to look over the S and go thru all the setup etc. No rushing at all and very nice and thoughtful (Tips hat to Adena). All the panels were aligned well. Only two issues, a minor paint issue by hood and a broken plastic bolt cover under second row seat (I thought it was a release latch) . They did a paint repair right there and replaced the plastic piece.

The drive home was wonderful (though a long day). Driver+ worked well even in the rain. Two key cards, one carabiner, and one wrist key. Definitely end of quarter push, but didn't feel like 'another number'.

With all the Ts and Ss there, I expect many smiling faces for Christmas. Hope all my early pre-order forum-mates get theirs asap. All the other persons taking delivery there were late 2018, early 2019 orders. 👍🏻

1315 days from order to 'delivery'. Solid, great fit and finish, luxury feel...the drive home has initially convinced me it was worth the wait...commence the permagrin (as first coined by @DuckTruck)

PS-1st tune I played was Limelight by Rush. ...2nd was Iron Man by Black Sabbath. Had my playlist for the drive home. 😎

IMG_9338.jpg

IMG_9348 2.jpg
Nice looking SUV. I'm in the Buffalo area and received my R1T 2 months ago. Tom

Rivian R1T R1S North East roll call 20221006_124021

superdavePA

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Tesla Y / '22 R1S / Harley Ultra
Occupation
Engineer
@superdavePA - are you a previous EV owner? Did you have to charge to get home? Was the vehicle full (90%?) when you picked it up? Home charger already installed?
@EdA - No and Yes...we consider ourselves 'new' EV owners. We just took delivery of a Tesla Model Y (for wife) on Nov 3rd. That gave me a little heads-up on what to expect. Only had seen an R1T once...never sat in an R1T or R1S until we picked it up on Sat.

I did not have to charge to get home. It was ~70%+ (215miles estimated range, in All-Purpose) when we drove off from the service center. Our drive home was about 114 miles and it had ~97 miles range left when we got home...pretty close estimate.

During COVID I bought and installed a 'JuiceBox Pro 40'. The R1S connected just fine when home. :rock:

Last edited:

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Super, enjoy your new EV's.

Sponsored

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Driving down the 30 Bypass in Chester County PA today, saw Limestone R1T in the lane ahead of me, really wanted to get up to it but he exited. Same exact moment saw an El Cap driving down the other side of the highway. Those were the 2 colors I was torn between, so I'm taking that as a sign and not an indiciation that production is ramping up. ;)

Reactions: EdA

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Harrisburg, PA
R1T - Limestone - Ocean Coast
20” AT dark
Large pack
Picked up in Brooklyn on 12/27
Nice! I have the same colors, just the 22" Sport wheels here. How are you liking it? I've seen a lot of heads turn as I drive by, wondering what spaceship I'm driving.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

So who had the green R1T at September Farm in Honey Brook PA this morning? We had my wife’s car this morning or you would’ve had a CY to park next to & swap charging stories while you ate breakfast. :)

seanchristian13

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Nice! I have the same colors, just the 22" Sport wheels here. How are you liking it? I've seen a lot of heads turn as I drive by, wondering what spaceship I'm driving.
Loving it so far! Not sure if I moved into a spot of someone who waived on the vehicle, but first heads up to pick up was about 2 weeks. So, don’t have the wall charger installed yet and apparently central PA hasn’t caught up in terms of level 3’s, but making do. Yep, have seen a few heads turn on the drive through NYC and then around here.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Harrisburg, PA
R1T - Limestone - Ocean Coast
20” AT dark
Large pack
Picked up in Brooklyn on 12/27
Will definitely keep an eye out for you. There are 5-6 R1T and 2-3 R1S that I know about over here in Carlisle.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yeah, there is at least another R1T around here - ran into them at REI (shocker, haha) this weekend.
I've seen at least 7 different ones in the area, seen a few around Downingtown, few around Malvern and a white one in Wayne last weekend.

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Trying to get some advice...I just asked for a factory pick up and was approved from HQ!

I'm second guessing myself since it's 830ish miles and this is my first EV!! We take road trips all the time as a family and I'm thinking about pulling my 5 year old out of Kindergarten for a 2-3 day dad and daughter trip.

But holy smokes and I'm getting range anxiety and such 😫

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
1 - use "a better route planner" to help plan things
2 - stay in hotels with L2 charging
3 - always have a backup plan
4 - don't forget to take into account the winter weather, assume your range will be about 200 miles; rain/snow/headwind/high cabin temperature will decrease this range
5 - join all of the anticipated EV networks before your trip

You're a brave soul :)
Sponsored