First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Implied in this post (in this forum) is will Rivian contemplate trying a No-Resale contract adder when they begin selling early 2022 vehicles to true individuals. Say for sales during the first half of 2022 or perhaps the entire first year. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if the Employee terms of purchase - besides keeping their mouths shut - was prohibiting a personal resale of it.

I really doubt that Rivian is thinking about or planning to do such a thing. Or at least I sure hope not.
My OP did not imply any Rivian plans. I was simply bagging on Ford for doing this, and the flawed dealership model.

I too hope no EV does a no resale clause.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I really doubt that Rivian is thinking about or planning to do such a thing. Or at least I sure hope not.
I agree.

That being said, this isn't a "dealership model" issue. There's absolutely nothing saying a direct to consumer manufacturer wouldn't try to do the same thing.

OP
OP
StarTrekNerd

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
I agree.

That being said, this isn't a "dealership model" issue. There's absolutely nothing saying a direct to consumer manufacturer wouldn't try to do the same thing.
Again, my reference to the dealership model was regarding the no markup warning by Ford.

I changed the paragraphs so it's clearer.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Again, my reference to the dealership model was regarding the no markup warning by Ford.

I changed the paragraphs so it's clearer.
didn't catch that.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
comparing this to how John Cena got sued is ridiculous. That was a supercar that Ford handpicked who they sold them to and I think only like 250 were produced each year. The lightening is a mass produced vehicle just like any other vehicle they sell. People can say all they want that the lightening will be hard to come by, but it in no way compares to the ford gt and telling people they can't resell a normal truck is just dumb

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Anyone want to buy a first 12,000 preorder? Haha

I was already decided after trims came out.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I have a deposit on a Lightning and I'm not worried about selling it in the first year if I wanted or needed too. I wouldn't sign the contract if my dealer actually tried to add it. It's not a Ford GT. IT's a pickup truck and Ford doesn't want to be in the business of suing customers.
Sponsored