First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
@Plssimrg hear anything new on truck today?
Sponsored

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
@Plssimrg hear anything new on truck today?
Nothing, kinda frustrating and I can't see anything on the app other than the service is in progress. I worked all day today and didn't have a chance to call them. I will first thing tomorrow. So much for a quick fix...

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
I called them today and got a call back several hours later. They said they elevated the issue to engineering and are awaiting approval to put in a new TCM module. No set timeline on a fix date. Kind of a letdown because my truck was still drivable I've been stuck with a rental for a week now.

Anybody else have any updates with this? Anybody try a software update since the replacement?

hardrock197

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
That's what they had to do with mine, replace the TCM. The replacement will have to be flashed to your trucks VIN. Which I was told is done at the factory in Normal.

I ran the latest update last Friday evening, and when I checked it Sat. morning, it had completed successfully.

I had my rental for 10 days, be patient, they should have you back in your truck soon.

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
I was about five days from drop off to pick up for my bad TCM.

Sponsored

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
I picked up today, software updated and GPS/connectivity working again so that’s good. The experience at Normal was pretty bad all around but that’s another story.

What did you have to do to get your phone key working again, if anything worked? Cause mine wouldn’t proximity unlock or allow me to start the truck.

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
Hey I had the same. Phone would pair for audio/ phone but not as a key. Call to local service who said it needed to be done by a software engineer in cali OTA. Next day after the service call it paired immediately. If it doesn’t pair quickly don’t waste your time with resets and the like. Wait until they fix it on their end.

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
oh okay so just call the service number and tell them my phone is only working for audio but not as a key and they will fix it over the air? Is that all I need to tell them/do on my end? I was gonna try to unpair and repair but I won’t do that now.

Thanks a lot!

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
oh okay so just call the service number and tell them my phone is only working for audio but not as a key and they will fix it over the air? Is that all I need to tell them/do on my end? I was gonna try to unpair and repair but I won’t do that now.

Thanks a lot!

I would call the service number and then ask to speak to your local service center which sounds like it’s normal. I would then ask for the service manager of the normal office and explain your problem to him / her.

I probably spent 40 minutes with multiple people from the service center doing soft reset and pairing and repairing to no avail. the only thing that fixed my phone as a key was somebody fixing something on the backside Remotely

good luck.
Sponsored