First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
My updates been stuck at 76% for three hours.

time for a hard reset?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'd call 855-RIVIAN5 for guidance. I wouldn't want to risk bricking the truck.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd call 855-RIVIAN5 for guidance. I wouldn't want to risk bricking the truck.
Not me, I'd definitely do a hard reset, and if it wasn't responding to that, disconnect the 12V batteries. What's service going to do anyway? Remote in and fix the problem? Fat chance.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Not me, I'd definitely do a hard reset, and if it wasn't responding to that, disconnect the 12V batteries. What's service going to do anyway? Remote in and fix the problem? Fat chance.
Haven't others posted problems from disconnecting the 12V batteries? I would be wary of doing that without guidance from Rivian.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Haven't others posted problems from disconnecting the 12V batteries? I would be wary of doing that without guidance from Rivian.
I've heard that but I'd like to know what happens and it's not my truck so......maybe I should have put a sarcasm tag on my response.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
No change. Service says it may have to go in.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
$100 motherboards have EEPROM BIOS flash update fail-safes/recovery and an $80K vehicle doesn't?

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
Rivian says bad TCM module the one for Bluetooth? Phone still connected/ works as key. truck will wake up, screen still says update frozen at 76%. When it wakes up it throws lots of errors including airbags. They might get a mobile tech out tomorrow but they think it will probably have to go in. 350 miles 9/ 28 delivery.

Sponsored

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Any update on this? Ironically I took delivery same day as you and had the same exact issue. Started the update last night and it stuck at 76%, received the airbag and SOS warnings but the truck is still drivable. Functions are severely limited with no GPS or connectivity.

I had a previously scheduled appointment for a panel gap and they were able to roll this in with it but that's over two weeks out.

OP
OP

seajayseven

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Occupation
Jobs
Yeah you have the exact same symptoms that I had. I drove my truck to Brooklyn and dropped it off on Friday. waiting on parts now but Rivian worked hard to make things right. However it would’ve been a week or two if I had waited for a tow in.

While super frustrating to go through in the first week of ownership everyone I’ve dealt with has been reasonable and genuinely helpful in trying to get things straightened out.

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Sorry to hear that. Did they give you a loaner or anything?

They didn't even tell me what part needs fixed or replaced just that it has to go in. Fortunately for me I live right next to the service center/factory so it's not a long trip but just bummed I'm gonna be driving it in this degraded state until they can fix it.

Be interesting to see if more people have this issue pop up when they try to do a software update.

hardrock197

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Compass, R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Director, Technology
Sorry to hear that. Did they give you a loaner or anything?

They didn't even tell me what part needs fixed or replaced just that it has to go in. Fortunately for me I live right next to the service center/factory so it's not a long trip but just bummed I'm gonna be driving it in this degraded state until they can fix it.

Be interesting to see if more people have this issue pop up when they try to do a software update.
I had the same issue, went to update last Wednesday and got stuck at 76%. it's at the Service center now, awaiting a new TC module from Normal. They came and picked it up and gave me a rental. Currently awaiting ETA on the part, I hope to have the truck back by Wednesday.

I took delivery a few days prior to you guys, VIN is in the upper 11k

Last edited:

Plssimrg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Utilities
I had the same issue, went to update last Wednesday and got stuck at 76%. it's at the Service center now, awaiting a new TC module from Normal. They came and picked it up and gave me a rental. Currently awaiting ETA on the part, I hope to have the truck back by Wednesday.

I took delivery a few days prior to you guys, VIN is in the upper 11k
Interesting sorry to hear that- best of luck and hope you get it back soon. I'll be sure to post an update if anything changes for me. Somewhat comforting I'm not the only one that had the issue I guess...
Sponsored