Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Wait, did you guys change the offset on the R800 too? I see on your website now it shows +48 on both the R800 page and the tire guide page. I’ve been fighting rubbing issues with my R800s since I got them on in September.

Side note: your tire guide page shows different load ratings than the wheel page. Might want to edit that, as the load shown on the tire guide page is just under what’s required for the R1T.
Website - Yes, we sold out of 35 offset R800s (it was fairly popular to get this more aggressive fitment due to the bolder look, despite the fact it can have minor wheel well trim rubbing in 'low mode' over curbs/big bumps - the rub is minor, maybe an annoyance, but it is not more than a scuff to the inner edge of the wheel well trim molding); we added 48 offsets to the R800 line too, which is what we have in stock now. Let me check on the tire / wheel load ratings, thanks for the time - could be a tire load typo, we will fix as needed.

We offer wheels in different offsets so customers can choose what they desire - ranging from stock offset (48), to a plus fitment (40), up through aggressive offsets (35). We have 35, 40, and 48 offsets - not for every wheel style, but across all our wheel options, we have each offset option.

I'm happy to help consult on which fitment would be recommended for anyone - pm me anytime.

Thx
Sponsored

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Website - Yes, we sold out of 35 offset R800s (it was fairly popular to get this more aggressive fitment due to the bolder look, despite the fact it can have minor wheel well trim rubbing in 'low mode' over curbs/big bumps - the rub is minor, maybe an annoyance, but it is not more than a scuff to the inner edge of the wheel well trim molding); we added 48 offsets to the R800 line too, which is what we have in stock now. Let me check on the tire / wheel load ratings, thanks for the time - could be a tire load typo, we will fix as needed.

We offer wheels in different offsets so customers can choose what they desire - ranging from stock offset (48), to a plus fitment (40), up through aggressive offsets (35). We have 35, 40, and 48 offsets - not for every wheel style, but across all our wheel options, we have each offset option.

I'm happy to help consult on which fitment would be recommended for anyone - pm me anytime.

Thx
Problem is that my rubbing is at standard ride height and not even in full lock when going slowly over dips in the road. There was no warning about rubbing when I bought them and no indication of a +48 going to be available. I guess that’s my fault for being an early adopter.

Also, when I inquired to your team about the rubbing they stated they had the same wheel and tire combo I have on a test truck and had no rubbing at all. I get it, there’s variation in trucks, but I even had Rivian service do a full alignment a couple of weeks ago and check suspension parts and heights and it’s even worse now. 😢

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Problem is that my rubbing is at standard ride height and not even in full lock when going slowly over dips in the road. There was no warning about rubbing when I bought them and no indication of a +48 going to be available. I guess that’s my fault for being an early adopter.

Also, when I inquired to your team about the rubbing they stated they had the same wheel and tire combo I have on a test truck and had no rubbing at all. I get it, there’s variation in trucks, but I even had Rivian service do a full alignment a couple of weeks ago and check suspension parts and heights and it’s even worse now. 😢
Something doesn’t make sense. The truck they reference is my R1T. It definitely doesn’t rub in standard. Regardless, I’ll work with you to make you happy - don’t want you feeling lost on this. Pm me and let me know what tires you have and send me a pic of the truck in standard mode from the side - let’s start with that 👍🏻

Spaceball1

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 Kia EV6, 15 Mustang GT Vert
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@Spaceball1 what size tires you running?
Stock size 275/65/20 but they’re the Wildpeak AT3W, so a little more aggressive tread. Same as they offer in the wheel/tire kit on their site (though I bought mine separately from discount tire).

Sponsored

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@EV Sportline : do you have specific valve caps you recommend for the R800 wheels, which have highly recessed stems?

When the tire shop mounted tires to my set of R800s, they probably mixed up the original caps with other ones they had lying around, because now 2-3 of them are basically impossible to take off without a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

Are there any specific replacement caps you can point to on Amazon that work well with the R800 design, or can you ship some replacement caps if they are more bespoke?

And in the future I'll likely just take them off before giving the wheels to a tire shop ;-).

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline : do you have specific valve caps you recommend for the R800 wheels, which have highly recessed stems?

When the tire shop mounted tires to my set of R800s, they probably mixed up the original caps with other ones they had lying around, because now 2-3 of them are basically impossible to take off without a pair of needle-nosed pliers.

Are there any specific replacement caps you can point to on Amazon that work well with the R800 design, or can you ship some replacement caps if they are more bespoke?

And in the future I'll likely just take them off before giving the wheels to a tire shop ;-).
We have caps for you, PM me your order number and I'll give you a set!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation