OP

Michal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L322
Thanks Glembi, I forgot to include that. but with the exception of wheels, both configurations are identical. BigSkies, so 700 VIN vs 1700 VIN should not make much of a difference?
Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

This wouldn't bother me. They have a long warranty and if one has a problem it gets swapped for a cast subframe.
True. Anyone I have read about having a problem has gotten it resolved. It's mainly just the inconvenience of having to get it serviced.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
True. Anyone I have read about having a problem has gotten it resolved. It's mainly just the inconvenience of having to get it serviced.
Agree. Mine are welded and at 38k without issue. As I understand it some had incomplete welds so either they made it to service by now or will be serviced if need arises.

Rivian hasn't ever acknowledged it as a design issue. My guess is early in build they couldn't get the castings quick enough or the figured out the castings cost less.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Agree. Mine are welded and at 38k without issue. As I understand it some had incomplete welds so either they made it to service by now or will be serviced if need arises.

Rivian hasn't ever acknowledged it as a design issue. My guess is early in build they couldn't get the castings quick enough or the figured out the castings cost less.
Yes, cast is a lower cost option. That's why Tesla is doing all the giga-casting in their vehicles. I believe it also makes production easier as well.

OP
OP

Michal

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
L322
So its not just the wheels, the green one is in better shape?

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

My guess is the pricing is mostly due to condition. Some might have more wear depending on what that demo was used for.

Are those models for sale 2022s or 2023s? Either way it's a great deal IMO. If I were in your shoes, shopping for a demo I would not worry as much about the VIN since Rivian has owned it and maintained it, likely fixing any of the issues that may have come up during those times they were struggling more with QC. Plus, it has a warranty and if you find something off you can ask them to fix it.
I agree with this sentiment. The demo vehicles always had a guide with them and I believe would have been taken care of by Rivian.
Sponsored