Sponsored

New Illinois Tax Credit July 1

biker1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Wonder how this would work if you signed papers to get the 2022 $7500 fed rebate? Can they be combined?
Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

The federal program is a credit that you apply toward your federal income tax liability. The Illinois program is a true rebate. The state comptroller mails you a check. No restrictions on vehicle price (well, the rebate can't be more than the cost of the vehicle). No restrictions on income or how much tax you owe.

The Illinois rebate is taxable income on your federal tax return.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

It's July 1st, the start of a new fiscal year for Illinois. I was hopeful that the Illinois EV rebate website would have new information by today. But there has been no change. :(

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

ReyvaRivian

First Name
Rdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pending R1S
NEWS: The Illinois EPA will open the next EV Rebate Program funding round on November 1, 2023. The funding round will run from November 1, 2023, to January 31, 2024.

Electric Vehicle Rebate Program - Climate and Equitable Jobs Act (illinois.gov)
Q for anyone here who successfully applied for last rebate, or will be applying for next oneā€¦how did you get the paperwork to submit from Rivian?

My delivery person had me sign documents with blank dates and I had to ā€˜askā€™ to take pictures of documents. I never received any PDF or copies of the documents I signed. Concerned that IL state may reject application due to ā€˜pictureā€™ copies where dates are blank

For IL EV tax rebate we need to submit copies of below,

1. Copy of the bill of sale, purchase invoice, or purchase agreement from an Illinois dealership;
  2. an invoice or bill showing that the applicable amount has been paid and that no remaining balance exists, or loan documents (depending on the type of sales document used by the dealership, the proof of purchase could be shown on the invoice or agreement, such as a $0 balance owed to the dealer; separate proof of purchase documentation will be needed if the invoice shows that an amount is owed to the dealer and the payment documentation amount(s) will need to match the "owed amount" on the invoice)
  3. Registration (this we have as Temp tags are on vehicle and new plates arrived already)
  4. IRS W-9 or W-8 form (substitutions for these forms using other government documents or financial statements are not acceptable)
I only have pictures of the Delivery Declaration, Odometer Disclosure for title transfer, IL registration application for vehicle transaction, IL ST-556 Sales Tax form. I pulled the Purchase summary from online 8 steps (which shows total amount due, and copies of check with said amount) - nothing from Rivian that says balance is $0.

After delivery in September I texted delivery person and assigned guide, also sent email to Rivian support requesting above - no response from anyone.
IL applications open Nov 1st.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Q for anyone here who successfully applied for last rebate, or will be applying for next oneā€¦how did you get the paperwork to submit from Rivian?
I have no personal experience, but I know that @Golfer04 was successful last year. Perhaps he'll respond. Or send him a PM.

biker1284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang
Fyi....

11/13/23 NOTICE: The current number of EV Rebate Program applications that have been received by the Illinois EPA has surpassed the amount of available Fiscal Year 2024 funding appropriated by the General Assembly ($12 million). As specified in the law, program rules, IEPA EV Rebate Program website, and FAQ, rebate applications are subject to the availability of funds. Applicants that qualify as ā€œLow-Incomeā€ per the program guidelines will continue to be prioritized for rebate issuance.

jfchenger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S + Model Y
Since the funding has run out, are those of us who have not been able to submit the rebate application at this point SOL for good in receiving this $4K rebate? My thinking process is that we have to submit the application within 90 days of purchase and I'm not expecting the state to fund the next round until middle of next calendar year, which knocks us out of the 90-day window.

Per FAQ (https://epa.illinois.gov/content/dam/soi/en/web/epa/topics/ceja/documents/ev-rebate-program-faq.pdf)
Will applications that could not be paid during a funding cycle due to insufficient funding or were submitted after the funding cycle be rolled over to the next funding cycle?
Applications will not be rolled over into future funding cycles.

My situation: picked an R1S from the Shop 11/9th, but the car won't be ready for pick up until early December per my guide in the Chicago service center. 7/8 steps are done, the only step is the pending delivery scheduling.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Yes, SOL is how I would describe it. I suggest contacting your state senator and/or representative and share your thoughts.

NOTE: People who qualify as "low income" can -- and should -- continue to submit applications until the end of the cycle. As I understand the rules, IL EPA will process all the "low income" applications they receive during the 3-month "cycle" before they process any of the non-low-income applications.

Sponsored

ReyvaRivian

First Name
Rdad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pending R1S
I agree, submit your applications. Chances are low but thereā€™s a chance.

Hereā€™s data from last round, there were still significantly high number of non-low income approvals.

Fiscal Year 2024 Rebate Information (updated Nov. 27, 2023)
Applications Received4245
Fiscal Year 2023 Rebate Information
Low Income Applications Received754
Low Income Rebates Awarded535
Non-Low Income Applications Received6915
Non-Low Income Rebates Awarded4337

Source: https://epa.illinois.gov/topics/ceja/electric-vehicle-rebates.html

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Details of the Governor Pritzker's proposed FY2025 budget are here.

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see any (proposed) funding to continue the Illinois EV rebate program. Is it dead less than 2 years after it started?
Sponsored