Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Rivian offering discounted XPEL PPF to existing owners 2b552f53-b60a-41b7-857d-c2e8d070b48a
Resilient XPEL paint protection shields your R1T from scuffs, chips and scratches.​
Exterior wear-and-tear is unavoidable for any vehicle, but especially one that’s built to explore. To help keep your R1T’s finish in like-new condition, we’re collaborating with XPEL, a leading provider of paint protection film. XPEL is now offering Rivian owners a discounted rate on durable wraps that protect your vehicle wherever you go.​
Prevents wear.​
XPEL designed its paint protection film, or PPF, to cut down on damage to your vehicle from grit, gravel and road debris.​
Self-heals.​
It’s both durable and repairable — if it gets nicked or scratched, XPEL film can often be self-healed with a simple heat application to its surface.​
Protects value.​
Professionally installed PPF is an additional long-term way to care for the color and finish of your R1T. For a limited time, XPEL wraps are available at a Rivian-specific rate — and they’re backed by an XPEL warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.​
Multiple options.​
Glossy, virtually invisible ULTIMATE PLUS™ wrap can be applied to the full front of your R1T. Or to give your vehicle an entirely different look, satin finish STEALTH™ wrap can be applied to the full body, as shown above.​
Easy to clean.​
XPEL’s developers have worked to make sure STEALTH and ULTIMATE PLUS are stain- and UV-resistant, won’t lift or delaminate, and let you easily wash your truck without damaging its finish.​
For more about XPEL paint protection for your Rivian, as well as pricing and installation information, follow the link below.​

Links to here:

https://www.xpel.com/pmp/rivian?utm...l&utm_locale=en-us&utm_audience=owners&mcrid=

Strange they are offering full frontal in gloss or total coverage in Stealth only
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Can we just take a moment to admire that El Cap photo

Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Rivian offering discounted XPEL PPF to existing owners 2b552f53-b60a-41b7-857d-c2e8d070b48a

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
@jjswan33 do you want to be the guinea pig for this?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

To be installed by professionals....excellent

Sponsored

OP
OP
jjswan33

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@jjswan33 do you want to be the guinea pig for this?
Actually I had gone to a PPF shop on Tuesday and talked to a guy, so I'm considering it. The guy I talked to thought they could most of my pinstriping out before putting on the PPF, and a couple of small dents. He said about $6k (Elite Protection Films in Boring OR). Also talked to him about some tint on the windshield and front windows. He was suggesting Exoshield for the roof but less sure about that since my roof already has a ding (that was repaired by a local shop).

So I submitted the form, so lets see who contacts me and what they say.... bottom line maybe.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm very impressed with the pricing. Considering it will be Rivians consistently going through the XPel plant, I have confidence they'll know the vehicles quirks when it comes to application and QA/QC

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm very impressed with the pricing. Considering it will be Rivians consistently going through the XPel plant, I have confidence they'll know the vehicles quirks when it comes to application and QA/QC
Looks like it will be local shops doing the work.

"Within 3-5 days, a participating XPEL dealer in your neighborhood will contact you with the information you’ve provided to schedule a consultation for purchasing one of these great protection options."

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Question for PPF experts. Let's assume I go with a full wrap and drive it for 4-5 years. The PPF does its job well and takes all the small dents and scratches. Can I have it removed at that point and the underlying paint will look like the day it came off the line? (again, assuming the PPF did its job really well, which is probably overly optimistic)

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Looks like it will be local shops doing the work.

"Within 3-5 days, a participating XPEL dealer in your neighborhood will contact you with the information you’ve provided to schedule a consultation for purchasing one of these great protection options."
Bah.... There were rumours the other day Xpel was building close to Rivian's plant. I was hoping it would be, out one factory, into the next, then on a truck to me.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

IMG_20220715_103034.gif

All of us who spent thousands on PPF before this... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Naw y'all good, 1/2 the warranty and they typically don't correct anything prior to a "full" stealth PPF install because you can't see imperfections.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
Question for PPF experts. Let's assume I go with a full wrap and drive it for 4-5 years. The PPF does its job well and takes all the small dents and scratches. Can I have it removed at that point and the underlying paint will look like the day it came off the line? (again, assuming the PPF did its job really well, which is probably overly optimistic)
Yup, that's about it. The longer the PPF is on the car, the less likely it'll come off in complete pieces, but everything underneath should be pristine. I've asked for more info on the stealth wrap; had that on a Model 3, which we ended up only keeping for a year, but loved the look of it. Prices around these parts would normally be ~$6k for an Xpel wrap.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I have a much better relationship with my local XPEL Detail guy than I ever will with Rivian. I can text him and get response within 5 minutes. The cost was also less and the warranty longer. I appreciate Rivian offering this service, but they are only acting like a middle man and not performing any real service. If this was done at the Rivian factory off the line, then that is something different. I would not have seen the paint issues my truck had, although, if it had been wrapped in Stealth at the factory. So to each his own and kudos to Rivian for offering it.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Bah.... There were rumours the other day Xpel was building close to Rivian's plant. I was hoping it would be, out one factory, into the next, then on a truck to me.
maybe it’s both? Maybe there’s this option for trucks in the field and a factory option will exist too? That my hope anyway.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs