Sponsored

Max vs. Large battery Physical Location?

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Who knows, maybe the 300KWH will be proprietary to the RAN and not part of the CCS standard; in which case it could be at 400v.

This aside, I wish they'd offer a 1 foot longer bed, and use the space for a max-max pack (200kwh) Just like the Tacoma quad cab 5' bed. I'd be in heaven.
Sponsored

electrictaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Who knows, maybe the 300KWH will be proprietary to the RAN and not part of the CCS standard; in which case it could be at 400v.
It's not a CCS standard thing that would enable 300kW charging on 400V vehicles, it's a cable amperage issue. You would need a 750A cable on the station to get that to work.

Brugg currently makes a liquid cooled CCS2 cable that can push up to 850A. Maybe Rivian is thinking that this will arrive sometime soon as a CCS1 and they could charge their trucks with it.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
It's not a CCS standard thing that would enable 300kW charging on 400V vehicles, it's a cable amperage issue. You would need a 750A cable on the station to get that to work.

Brugg currently makes a liquid cooled CCS2 cable that can push up to 850A. Maybe Rivian is thinking that this will arrive sometime soon as a CCS1 and they could charge their trucks with it.
Right, but I think there are certain "brackets" they need to support for CCS, IE: feature sets. I don't know if 300kwh is allowed to be supported, without also requiring support for 350kwh + 900v. -- in a compliant way.

Your charger, your vehicle, you could put a thicker gauge cable to get a little more oomph without full standards compliance for the next level. For multi-vendor compatibility, you'd advertise your capabilities as the lower CCS standard, but if a Rivain was presented, you can do what you want.
Sponsored