Sponsored

Lucid at Tysons

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
We took delivery of our Tesla Model S Plaid on August 21. This was to replace a 2015 Model S P90D on which the extended warranty expired. We had intended to replace the car with a Rivian R1S Launch Edition, but the additional Rivian production delay nixed that.

On Monday, September 20, I was able to do the final configuration and confirm our order for a Lucid Aid Dream Edition (we opted for the 1,111-hp "Performance" model with 21" wheels and EPA range of 451 miles). Lucid is saying Dream Edition production will begin in two to four months. We were told we are very near the front of the delivery queue as we were among the first to confirm our order, so I'm expecting (hoping?) we'll get the Air sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. As Florida has not yet issued Lucid a dealer license, the car will be delivered to our home rather than through the two Design Studios and Service Centers in Florida.

I've kept our Rivian R1S Launch Edition reservation just in case something goes off track with Lucid. Actually, until just a few weeks ago, I still suspected Rivian might get the R1S to market ahead of Lucid. But I've already been contacted by my Lucid "delivery advisor" to nail down registration and delivery information, while I still haven't heard anything from the Rivian counterpart.

At this point the R1S is a candidate to replace our Honda Odyssey minivan in a couple of years, with the added bonus of the 180-kWh battery pack being available. But by then, we'll also have some experience with our Lucid sedan and will be watching to see what Lucid does with its Gravity SUV.

After a decade of little besides Tesla to choose from when looking for a long-range, high-performance EV, this feels almost like a long-awaited abundance of riches.
Sponsored