Sponsored

Lost Apple AirPod under backseat. Disregard. Problem solved!!

planetcase

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023
Had our first extended journey in the car. Everything went great, until my youngest son told me he dropped his AirPod down the hall in the middle of the rear seat, third row it went in right between the two seatbelt locks. It's just beyond my reach.

Has anyone gotten in there, or does anyone know if that area opens up? I'm not going to hurt my brand new Rivian for a $100 AirPod, but if there is a way to get it… :)

when I try to go through the back and I go into the spare tire compartment the AirPod seems to be sitting above the spare tire compartment but under the seatbelt locks and under where the z3rd row of seats meet the spare tire compartment

I included photos showing where it fell in. Thx!

Rivian R1T R1S Lost Apple AirPod under backseat.  Disregard. Problem solved!! IMG_1778

Rivian R1T R1S Lost Apple AirPod under backseat.  Disregard. Problem solved!! IMG_1779
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You are contractually obligated to provide at least an equal amount of photos showing us how you retrieved it. My guesses:
  1. You shrunk yourself down like Ant Man so that you could crawl in there and pull it out.
  2. Your Rivian pooped it out the next day.

OP
OP

planetcase

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023
Haha. so funny. I "simply" removed everything from back, until spare tire area was empty. When I reached under the seat and tapped the top of the spare tire area, I could hear the AirPod bouncing around. So I gently peeled back the felt lining of the top of the spare tire area. And there she was. I reached in and grabbed it.

It was then, and only then that I shrunk myself down to the size of Ant-man and celebrated!.
Sponsored