Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
In certain light the silver looks white, while in shadow it’s close to the limestone. For its part, the limestone *always* looks like limestone.

I read somewhere that off-roaders prefer the non-sparkle paint because it’s easier to match and patch when they get a scratch. The limestone is one of those flat colors.

On the subject of color, I parked next to a gold-colored Bronco this morning and in that moment decided I must have the Compass Yellow Rivian. But I’m pre-order number 48,000 or so, so I guess I’ve got time to color shift myself.

kart125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Saab 93 turboX SC; 2020 Porsche GT4
Thanks for this quick vid. From what you saw do you think limestone would match Forest Edge interior?

NoDakEric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'85 Monte Carlo SS, '20 I-Pace, '15 F-150,
Clubs

Awesome look. This has been a big question for me. I have a promotional pic on my desktop that I want, and I couldn't tell if it was limestone or silver. I'm currently pre-ordered limestone and will be changing to silver!

Rivian R1T R1S Limestone vs LA Silver colors comparison (video) Rivian LS roadcut-wallpapers

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Awesome look. This has been a big question for me. I have a promotional pic on my desktop that I want, and I couldn't tell if it was limestone or silver. I'm currently pre-ordered limestone and will be changing to silver!

Rivian LS roadcut-wallpapers.jpg
LOL... the easy solution to this question: if you've seen a photo of a truck, it isn't limestone! (at least as of today)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Rivian LS roadcut-wallpapers.jpg
This was prototype #1, and is in LA Silver (or at least what would become LA Silver).

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 A6 Allroad, ‘20 SQ7, ‘19 M5 Comp, ‘11 GT3
Limestone is looking great from that swatch comparison! Thanks for posting. I'm definitely sold on this color. Looks very much like Audi's Nardo gray, but lighter. Love it! Can't wait to see it on an actual R1T.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Good look at how Limestone and LA Silver colors change with light angle and how they compare to each other.

Limestone on left and LA Silver on right.

Thanks for posting. This has been one of the main reason I want to see the R1T in person. I can't decide between Limestone and Silver. Hopefully we get some side by side shots of these two colors on vehicles soon. I mean s0000000000000000000000000000n!

Last edited:

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
God bless you for posting this. Lots of forums/FB pages have been asking for this image.

I don't use a word like "hero" very often....but you, Administrator, are a HERO!

Sponsored

onthebrake

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE - 3/31/2022 Took Delivery
Occupation
Project Manager
In certain light the silver looks white, while in shadow it’s close to the limestone. For its part, the limestone *always* looks like limestone.

I read somewhere that off-roaders prefer the non-sparkle paint because it’s easier to match and patch when they get a scratch. The limestone is one of those flat colors.

On the subject of color, I parked next to a gold-colored Bronco this morning and in that moment decided I must have the Compass Yellow Rivian. But I’m pre-order number 48,000 or so, so I guess I’ve got time to color shift myself.
FYI, The limestone is also metallic.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
FYI, The limestone is also metallic.
Yeah, you can see that in the comparison clip of it with LA Silver. It’s more subtle compared to LA Silver that is pretty sparkly

pcrampton

First Name
Perrine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Occupation
Manager
Thank you so much for the video comparing Limestone to LA Silver! I could not visualize the difference in the configurator on the Rivian site.

If you have it, can you add the El Cap to the two in the video? I can't tell how much darker it is or how much grey it has in it from the photos on Rivian's site.

Thanks again for taking the time to create and post this video! :)

Good look at how Limestone and LA Silver colors change with light angle and how they compare to each other.

Limestone on left and LA Silver on right.

Sponsored