Sponsored

Lease for $1,228/mo? No, try $1,711/mo: negative equity issue?

SurfnBike

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TMY
Clubs

It doesn’t get enough range in winter. It probably does for most, but not for me. With winter tires and a cargo carrier, I can only go about 90 miles into the mountains and still have enough juice to get back. That’s not adventurous enough.
From my understanding the dual motor doesn't get much better range compared to a quad that is put into conserve because the dual motor runs in conserve most of the time unless you really floor it? Someone correct me if I am wrong. I also *think* the battery pack is the same size. So how are you gunna get much better range? Sure the dual motor may be a tad lighter but what you need is a much larger battery. Might want to wait for version 2.0 to come out some day with more energy dense cells.

I recently went to the local mountains (south OC to big bear) and started with 100% and got up to 7000ft with only 13% range remaining....morning temps were low 50s and ending temps in the mountains were 32-34F. Not much wiggle room! The drive was exactly 130 miles, the truck said I had 40 miles left (probably closer to 20). I started the trip with "286 miles". So I got about 50% of the range that the truck stated with a 7k ft climb.

That said on the way down down the mountain, 35 miles later, the truck only used 2% of its battery.

I would not have been able to make it home (remaining 100 miles) if I didn't have a charger at the cabin I was staying at, so I feel your anxiety! There is a Tesla supercharger in Big Bear now but we still can't use them and Rivian's network is tiny.
Sponsored