Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Hi everyone,
I know emotions are high right now and it seems like RIVIAN completely screwed over their first customers.

I am trying not to make an emotional decision and cancel without evaluating my options.

So I need a 7 seater car that is not a minivan. Only other EV is model X/X plaid which comes out to well over 110/125 for 7 seats. And 7seats there is a joke!

Other options are ICE SUV's maybe hybrids that can run upto 70/80k fully loaded!

I have not had a test drive yet or even seen one in person so not emotionally attached to buying it. But compared to other options, still seems like R1S might be on the table for me personally.

Peace āœŒ out
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Still nothing else available thst is close. If GM had an electric suburban or Tahoe ready to go, thenyes. But there isnā€™t.

Iā€™d keep the R1S preorder

OP
OP

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
And in two years that EV Tahoe/suburban will be around 100k anyway!

Waiting to see the VW bus, if that interests me! If not then I'll keep the R1S

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Hi everyone,
I know emotions are high right now and it seems like RIVIAN completely screwed over their first customers.

I am trying not to make an emotional decision and cancel without evaluating my options.

So I need a 7 seater car that is not a minivan. Only other EV is model X/X plaid which comes out to well over 110/125 for 7 seats. And 7seats there is a joke!

Other options are ICE SUV's maybe hybrids that can run upto 70/80k fully loaded!

I have not had a test drive yet or even seen one in person so not emotionally attached to buying it. But compared to other options, still seems like R1S might be on the table for me personally.

Peace āœŒ out
Even with your fully loaded ICE SUV, you will save in the long run. If gas hits and stays at $5/gallon and your SUV gets 20 mpg, you will have enough savings for 80K to 120K miles just in the price difference of the vehicles (not considering charging costs).

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I just bought a polestar 2 and elected to keep my truck.

Sponsored

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
Hi everyone,

Peace āœŒ out
Yes Iā€™m in the same boat. No alternatives yet unless you want an expensive ICE vehicle. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m holding on for now.

OP
OP

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Even with your fully loaded ICE SUV, you will save in the long run. If gas hits and stays at $5/gallon and your SUV gets 20 mpg, you will have enough savings for 80K to 120K miles just in the price difference of the vehicles (not considering charging costs).
Don't see the point in spending 80k on a fully loaded ICE suv! And gas price is not "if". Unfortunately it is already 5$.
Would rather buy an EV. First world problems right? Feel blessed with everything going on!

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Don't see the point in spending 80k on a fully loaded ICE suv! And gas price is not "if". Unfortunately it is already 5$.
Would rather buy an EV. First world problems right? Feel blessed with everything going on!
Iā€™m not that set on an EV. As a matter of fact, I am now looking to replace my GMC 3500 with a new one. I was going to keep it and add the Rivian, but now thinking just get a new truck. Solves all of my issues and will probably save me $40k.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Announced BEV 7 seaters are few and far between. The only other one I can think of that supposedly has a production date is the Kia/Hyundai EV9 platform. They have only shown concept renderings at this point, but claim that KDM versions will begin production 2Q 2023. Take with a grain of salt.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
For those who saw prices go over the $100k mark you could damn near buy a small EV car to run all your short distance errands and a slightly used Suburban or similar for long trips for the same price. Itā€™s ridiculous.
Sponsored