Is There an EV Talent Shortage?

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
Just for fun today, I did a quick scan of Rivian job positions on their website. I counted 717 openings for various posts. The 717 jobs are low, assuming some of these posts are to be filled by several employees.

With the start-up of many EV manufacturers, including established car manufactures. Do you think there is a talent shortage that may impact R1T and R1S delivery date?:idea:
Sponsored

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
I saw it as just them expanding super rapidly. They're going from a company that has made maybe 5 prototype cars, testing those cars, etc, to full blown production. There's going to be a lot more people needed to support those operations.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I do not necessarily think it is a shortage of EV Talent. It is really more about do people know about Rivian like the members of this forum.

I think it is more about who is Rivian and why should I work for Rivian? If they only knew about the company, those positions would be filled quickly.

Some of the established companies have a long list of open positions in high tech.

I am in sales, and continue to look for sales positions at Rivian as I would love to work for them, but I don't think they could match compensation packages as in high tech.

Just a humble opinion of a sales dude....

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Some of the established companies have a long list of open positions in high tech.
There is tremendous competition for the "water walkers", as we used to call them, in high tech industries. But I think he is talking more about assembly line people.

I am in sales, and continue to look for sales positions at Rivian as I would love to work for them, but I don't think they could match compensation packages as in high tech.
Er, this is high tech.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
There is tremendous competition for the "water walkers", as we used to call them, in high tech industries. But I think he is talking more about assembly line people.

Er, this is high tech.
LOL...love it...yes it is high tech but car sales are car sales as opposed to IT ;) selling. I did chuckle on this one!
Sponsored