Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Has anyone else noticed that their Rivian widget on the iPhone Lock Screen doesn’t seem to be updating automatically when charging?

Rivian R1T R1S iPhone widget not updating during charging IMG_2300

The last time I charged was ~2 weeks ago, so I can’t tell when exactly it stopped working (after updating the app or the vehicle software).
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone else noticed that their Rivian widget on the iPhone Lock Screen doesn’t seem to be updating automatically when charging?

IMG_2300.jpeg

The last time I charged was ~2 weeks ago, so I can’t tell when exactly it stopped working (after updating the app or the vehicle software).
If I click on it I got a prompt to have it update, at least on the iPhone. Seems to do it for awhile, I’ve seen the prompt a few times. Might be a battery conserve move.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I noticed the same thing last night. The lock screen widget showed a different range than the unlocked home screen widget, which was correct. Today it seems to be working as it should. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Chewy734

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

It kind of defeats the purpose if it doesn’t update without clicking and entering the Rivian app itself.

R1 EVY

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Clubs

I had the same thing on the Android widget. It's better after the latest update FWIW

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It kind of defeats the purpose if it doesn’t update without clicking and entering the Rivian app itself.
Yesterday my iOS widget asked me to change the setting to “more frequent updates”, which I did and it’s been working normally since.

Last edited:

b_ran_don

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, and E36 M3
Go into the Settings app and check Rivian > Live Activities > Update Rate to make sure the toggle for “More Frequent Updates” is on.

OP
OP
Chewy734

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Go into the Settings app and check Rivian > Live Activities > Update Rate to make sure the toggle for “More Frequent Updates” is on.
Ahh, nice find. But alas, my toggle for that setting was already on. Oh well, I’ll see if maybe it’s magically improved the next time I charge on Monday morning.
Sponsored