Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
I had a mobile service appointment today and got to chatting up the tech. He shared some interesting items, that he called ‘internal rumors’ that I figured this community would be interested in hearing,

I’ll state the obvious: this should all be taken with a large grain of salt, but I’ll let you decide how much stock to put in it.

Internal rumor 1: the upcoming battery pack changes will include an upgrade to 800V architecture

Internal rumor 2: the battery pack changes may introduce LFP cells BEYOND being used for the standard pack. I.e. the large pack might also get LFP.

Internal rumor 3: a new quad motor variant will be introduced with the Enduro motors (which will all knew/expected) AND they’re targeting a 0-60 of 2.4 seconds.

I find some of these a bit surprising. So surprising, I can’t help feel that he may have been pulling my leg. But he genuinely seemed to be conveying the internal rumors. 🤷‍♂️

I’ll leave it to all of you to decide what to take away from all this.
If they want to expand use case to more customers, an lfp pack (100% daily charge isn’t as bad) extended bed r1t would be fantastic. Heck, an extended wheelbase r1s as well, it’s such a short suv, they could easily extend before and after the rear wheel well like a Range Rover and still have great proportions, plus gain room for lfp+ extra capacity. Lots of Truck buyers and even normal people want something they can take on longer trips through areas of charger desert, and towing anything needs more pack size.
Sponsored