Ineos Grenadier drive event

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Overpriced, gremlins, no reliability track record, and owners who don’t work on them. Sounds a whole lot like we’re describing a Rivian right now.
Maybe yours, not mine.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mcfly Rivian

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Can't decide what to do with my Ineos reservation. The pickup would be a no brainer for me but the wagon.....I dunno. It's the same price as the Bronco Raptor I just took delivery on and I think it makes more sense to keep the Bronco and pass on the Ineos for a number of practical reasons. But still....there is that part of me that can't quite press the refund button.....
I canceled my reservation after taking delivery of our Bronco badlands last week. For the 25k price difference I just couldn't justify moving forward. I still love the Grenadier and I'm stoked for everyone placing orders and waiting for delivery.

Rivian R1T R1S Ineos Grenadier drive event 20230518_155908

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
It is very interesting. I have followed Rivian for quite awhile and have an Oct 2020 order for an R1S. Odds are good that it won't be able to be delivered for a very long time because I am very far from any rivian center. Since I have been following the forums for awhile I see that almost every rivian owner is very pleased with their vehicle and mostly think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Following the Ineos Grenadier forums shows that almost every ineos owner is very pleased with their vehicle and mostly think it is the best thing since sliced bread. I suppose you could just say that for the most part almost every XYZ owner is very pleased with their vehicle and mostly think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Maybe yours, not mine.
Anyone that didn’t get a preorder Rivian is paying way too much. They all have software gremlins and no track record for reliability being so new. There is no arguing any of those points. None of that is a deal breaker by any means but they are still just as true for the Rivian as a Grenadier.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Hard not to love the looks of this, but at 15 mpg the first 10 years of fuel on this will be $30,000 (assuming an optimistic $3.00 / gal and an even more optimistic you actually get 15 mpg). The same 150,000 miles will cost $7,500 in the R1S (assuming 2.2 miles per kwh and 11 cents kwh where I live it is less). Even throw in anther $2k for the Texas EV tax... the dead dino premium is very high with this one.
Not to mention oil changes, transmission and coolant flushes, timing chain replacements and spark plugs will most likely all have to be done in that same 150K miles where as none of that is done in the Rivian over that time.

Sponsored

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Not to mention oil changes, transmission and coolant flushes, timing chain replacements and spark plugs will most likely all have to be done in that same 150K miles where as none of that is done in the Rivian over that time.
All true, but you gotta admit that owning an Ineos* would make you look like a Ranulph Fiennes edge-of-civilization explorer in a way that the Rivian never could. The optics alone are worth at least a few oil changes.

*Sounds so strange to me... I remember back in the old days when they were just a bottom-feeder chemicals company buying oil company assets and cutting staff to bump profitability.

genepopemt

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander, Ford F-350
Occupation
retired
on the otter hand: better buy the ICE of your dreams now because with all the mandatory EV laws coming down the pike you won't be able to buy one ever again. As the EV mandatory laws get implemented there will be plenty of EVs to choose from.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
or with my R1S the minor fender bender (<15k) that has meant I had to wait 2 months to be scheduled with a collision center that is nearly 3 hours away and now I have been without my 80k R1S for over a month as now it won't charge L2 or L3 and it may need to be hauled to a SC 5 hours away from the collision center* (probably at my expense)... who knows when and who knows for how long.

good times...

* there is one possible fix Rivian told the collision shop and that part (charge port cable) will "probably" ship next week. If it works to allow it to charge again then I only have another week or so for more Rivian tech "calibration."

Last edited:

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
or with my R1S the minor fender bender (<15k) that has meant I had to wait 2 months to be scheduled with a collision center that is nearly 3 hours away and now I have been without my 80k R1S for over a month as now it won't charge L2 or L3 and it may need to be hauled to a SC 5 hours away from the collision center* (probably at my expense)... who knows when and who knows for how long.

good times...

* there is one possible fix Rivian told the collision shop and that part (charge port cable) will "probably" ship next week. If it works to allow it to charge again then I only have another week or so for more Rivian tech "calibration."
That sucks. I hope you’re made whole soon. With that said none of that is supposed to happen. In theory most people won’t experience that. Hopefully you don’t again. Any gas engine is going to have those required PM’s

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
All true, but you gotta admit that owning an Ineos* would make you look like a Ranulph Fiennes edge-of-civilization explorer in a way that the Rivian never could. The optics alone are worth at least a few oil changes.

*Sounds so strange to me... I remember back in the old days when they were just a bottom-feeder chemicals company buying oil company assets and cutting staff to bump profitability.
Oh yeah they look amazing. I’d buy a giraffe to go with it and have my own little safari.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
That sucks. I hope you’re made whole soon. With that said none of that is supposed to happen. In theory most people won’t experience that. Hopefully you don’t again. Any gas engine is going to have those required PM’s
I'm hanging in there just for the humor aspect now. My spouse pointed out at least I'm keeping the mileage low and not adding wear to the tires.

If my R1S was a Lightning, my friend's local collision shop could have fixed it, probably in a matter of weeks assuming parts were available.

In any event, I am looking forward to the Grenadier. Life is meant to be for living.

joekriv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, fast little car from a british car maker
Yes. They're all overpriced status symbols. The grenadier is not a good value. Already seeing gremlins with their electronics, no track record of reliability, and you can't even tell me what your out the door price will be because you are at the mercy of your dealer (who they aren't revealing yet).

The only thing I'll think of when I see one here is that the owner wasn't handy enough to work on a classic defender of landcruiser.

We opted for a second Rivian instead or following through on the grenadier btw. Their pricing made it a no brainer.
Well good points on the out the door price. I dont mind paying the price for Ineos but I wont pay "market adjustments" on anything as principle. at least these two are still rock solid for us.

Rivian R1T R1S Ineos Grenadier drive event IMG_0913

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Dear Count

The demand for Grenadier has been incredible. We’re working through scheduling all Pre-Orders for production in order of when we received the original reservation.

So, sit tight. We’ll be in touch to confirm your build window as soon as we can.

We know you have questions, and we hope sharing FAQs below answers them. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please get in touch.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
The Count's Grenadier updated to production date in Q4 2023. He is #13,6xx in line.
Sponsored