Sponsored

Ideas to minimize glare on rear view mirror? (R1T)

drbioart

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Data Geek
I love my R1T launch edition. Had it for about a month and it's amazing compared to my ModelX.

It was annoying to bake in the sun even in winter, so I just got the front windows tinted to 35% and the front to clear 80%. I also did the back at 35% in the hopes that it would minimize glare from headlights in the mirror at night but It still sucks... since the mirror is not adjustable with the mechanical switch, I wonder if anyone has any ideas of what to do to minimize that. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian R1T R1S Ideas to minimize glare on rear view mirror? (R1T) 1711580391394-om

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
I love my R1T launch edition. Had it for about a month and it's amazing compared to my ModelX.

It was annoying to bake in the sun even in winter, so I just got the front windows tinted to 35% and the front to clear 80%. I also did the back at 35% in the hopes that it would minimize glare from headlights in the mirror at night but It still sucks... since the mirror is not adjustable with the mechanical switch, I wonder if anyone has any ideas of what to do to minimize that. Any ideas?

Thanks!
It sounds like your auto-dimming (I think Rivian calls it tinting) mirrors are turned off. You can check in the setting that the feature is on, if it is and it's not dimming I would open a service ticket.

OP
OP

drbioart

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Data Geek
It sounds like your auto-dimming (I think Rivian calls it tinting) mirrors are turned off. You can check in the setting that the feature is on, if it is and it's not dimming I would open a service ticket.
Interesting. I didn’t realize it was an active feature. There’s a film on the mirror but it seems like the effect is minor. Night bright lights bother me quite a bit so I’m trying to find a good solution since night driving in New England is common for me in winter…
Sponsored