Sponsored

I wanted to represent Rivian at Arctic Road EV Rally (Jul-Sep res holder), but crickets!

mattgray600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LE R1T, 2023 BMW X3
Occupation
IT Director
Alaska is behind the nation in EV adoption/utilization. There is a group trying to change that. They are holding the first ever EV road rally in August with a trip from Fairbanks to Deadhorse, AK!!!! I am a July-September LE reservation holder. I sent the info to Rivian in attempt to possibly start the delivery process. However, crickets!!!!!! What a great opportunity to represent Rivian with my R1T. I was not even requesting early delivery. Just a delivery within my announced window, and hopefully in time to attend the rally!!!! Arctic Road Rally (Aug 2022)
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
My guess is that Rivian is a large company who is very good at branding. No offense to you personally, but they don’t know you and because of that they don’t want any implication that you represent them out in public.

For all they know you join the rally in an R1T sponsored by Rivian and run all the other vehicles off the road and injure or kill a bunch of people. Obviously that is a worst case scenario, and I’m sure you have no intention of doing that, but I do understand why they might be selective in what they sponsor….

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Alaska is behind the nation in EV adoption/utilization. There is a group trying to change that. They are holding the first ever EV road rally in August with a trip from Fairbanks to Deadhorse, AK!!!! I am a July-September LE reservation holder. I sent the info to Rivian in attempt to possibly start the delivery process. However, crickets!!!!!! What a great opportunity to represent Rivian with my R1T. I was not even requesting early delivery. Just a delivery within my announced window, and hopefully in time to attend the rally!!!! Arctic Road Rally (Aug 2022)
Try emailing Shaheen Karimian, [email protected] is rivian’s email format.

OP
OP
mattgray600

mattgray600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LE R1T, 2023 BMW X3
Occupation
IT Director
I was not looking for a sponsorship. I ordered my truck on Launch day, and currently have a July-September delivery status. Just was hoping to use my ordered truck for the event!

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I was not looking for a sponsorship. I ordered my truck on Launch day, and currently have a July-September delivery status. Just was hoping to use my ordered truck for the event!
Change your delivery address to somewhere with a service centre in operation.

OP
OP
mattgray600

mattgray600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LE R1T, 2023 BMW X3
Occupation
IT Director
My guess is that Rivian is a large company who is very good at branding. No offense to you personally, but they don’t know you and because of that they don’t want any implication that you represent them out in public.

For all they know you join the rally in an R1T sponsored by Rivian and run all the other vehicles off the road and injure or kill a bunch of people. Obviously that is a worst case scenario, and I’m sure you have no intention of doing that, but I do understand why they might be selective in what they sponsor….

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Understood. I guess when I saw your title “I wanted to represent Rivian“ I assumed you might want their endorsement or sponsorship. I hope you get your truck in time to do the rally. Sounds like a fun way to start out your Rivian ownership!:champagne:

OP
OP
mattgray600

mattgray600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LE R1T, 2023 BMW X3
Occupation
IT Director
Change your delivery address to somewhere with a service centre in operation.
I contacted Rivian earlier in the summer to suggest Plant pickup (when I had time to do it. IT director for a Private School, so early summer is quieter). Was told I had to wait for guide contact, so I knew was not likely to happen, and still no guide, even though I am still currently slated for a July-September delivery.

Other than plant pickup, my two available options for Washington and Colorado. Both of those are 7-10 day drives (or the ferry at $3k, which takes a couple of days out of the driving).

Thus, waiting patiently (or trying to wait patiently). This is the inaugural year for this rally, and thought the timing would work out, but.........

Appreciate the suggestion.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Definitely change your delivery address to Seattle and move it north yourself. I'll happily take delivery for you and garage it until you come down! I have a soft spot for Blue Noses. Throw this delivery address and PM me if they allocate you:
516 3rd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Should be easier then....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Configuration???

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Kyle from OutofSpec has definitely hinted he is going to be doing something like this in his Rivian or is directly involved. Same with the TFL guys and their Lightning.

OP
OP
mattgray600

mattgray600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LE R1T, 2023 BMW X3
Occupation
IT Director
Kyle from OutofSpec has definitely hinted he is going to be doing something like this in his Rivian or is directly involved. Same with the TFL guys and their Lightning.
Yep, Watching the TFL guys, and keeping a watch on how they do with the ferry and such. Had not heard Kyle was doing anything like this and follow hIm.
Sponsored