superfluid

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Tech
I sometimes run live sound for bands and it's always a race to the top by everyone wanting to be louder instead of balanced. It starts with the drums and by the time you're at the poor guy doing vocals, it's a mess if nobody has proper say.
Yeah. Live sound is particularly tough because the audience often wants it loud as hell to create that sensory-overload concert feel, which is fun. But you need tremendous power and an extremely capable PA system to reach concert levels AND maintain low levels of distortion. People just say damn the distortion and let's go with loud because they're drunk or high anyway. Hats off to FOH engineers who can deliver good sound at eyeball-shaking levels 😄
Sponsored

joeghodsi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Clubs

Just to clarify, did your final results include turning off Dynamic Sound Adjustment? In your detailed write up you mentioned that you started with it off but in your TLDR you don’t mention it one way or the other. Default is “Low”

OP
OP
superfluid

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Tech
Just to clarify, did your final results include turning off Dynamic Sound Adjustment? In your detailed write up you mentioned that you started with it off but in your TLDR you don’t mention it one way or the other. Default is “Low”
I leave Dynamic Sound Adjustment off. Its effect seems either non-existent or inconsistent at best to me. I simply ride the volume roller. Not ideal, but consistent.
Sponsored