How many Utahans out there?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I’m just trying to figure out where we might fall on the geographic priority, both for test drive events and deliveries. How many folks out there would consider SLC as your closest metro area?
Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
✋

Reporting for duty. I’m happy to travel to Vegas, Denver, Phoenix, and beyond if it gets my vehicle faster.

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
My delivery address is currently in Herriman, even though I live in Quebec.

I’m not sure where we’ll be living when it actually comes time to take delivery.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I’m just trying to figure out where we might fall on the geographic priority, both for test drive events and deliveries. How many folks out there would consider SLC as your closest metro area?
Greg,

If Utah deliveries precede Oregon's by much, I'd be happy to move in and provide free lawncare & car washing/oil change services before taking an 1,800-mile "shortcut" through Southern Utah on my way back home to Oregon. For what it's worth, I mix a mean Margarita and will even bring a case of tequila, limes, and my secret ingredients with me.

What say ye?

(BTW, if Texas is up first, I'm pitching the same offer to Skyote. Not to be fickle, but I'm anxious to get on with this Adventure. Maybe he'd put both of us up. ???

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Greg,

If Utah deliveries precede Oregon's by much, I'd be happy to move in and provide free lawncare & car washing/oil change services before taking an 1,800-mile "shortcut" through Southern Utah on my way back home to Oregon. For what it's worth, I mix a mean Margarita and will even bring a case of tequila, limes, and my secret ingredients with me.

What say ye?

(BTW, if Texas is up first, I'm pitching the same offer to Skyote. Not to be fickle, but I'm anxious to get on with this Adventure. Maybe he'd put both of us up. ???
If you’re like most folks from the west coast, you’ll come to visit and never leave ?.

funny you mention margaritas... just made some fresh ones to go with with my carnitas tacos...
Rivian R1T R1S How many Utahans out there? 1619905449829

No fancy ingredients in mine though. Just 3 parts tequila, 2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 part mix of triple sec and simple syrup. Shake with ice, strain and drink.

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
If you’re like most folks from the west coast, you’ll come to visit and never leave ?.

funny you mention margaritas... just made some fresh ones to go with with my carnitas tacos...
1619905449829.jpeg

No fancy ingredients in mine though. Just 3 parts tequila, 2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 part mix of triple sec and simple syrup. Shake with ice, strain and drink.
I guess out invites got lost in the interwebs. :(

SleepySheepie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, FJ40, MG TF1500, Model S, Lotus
My delivery address is currently in Herriman, even though I live in Quebec.

I’m not sure where we’ll be living when it actually comes time to take delivery.
Technically my delivery address is also in Herriman! Never would have thought there'd be two out here!

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
BTW, if Texas is up first, I'm pitching the same offer to Skyote. Not to be fickle, but I'm anxious to get on with this Adventure. Maybe he'd put both of us up. ???
No doubt!

They have carnitas in Utah? Looks delicious. My local distiller & friend makes some mean triple sec too...one of which packs a punch!
Rivian R1T R1S How many Utahans out there? IMG_20210502_003701
Rivian R1T R1S How many Utahans out there? IMG_20210502_003707

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They have carnitas in Utah?
Haha. Being a Texan, you might appreciate how I do my carnitas - it’s not the traditional method. I start by slow smoking a pork shoulder for ~15 hours instead of slow cooking it. I capture and save the drippings. I make all kinds of stuff from that shoulder, including plated pulled pork, pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ nachos, pork huevos rancheros, and yes, carnitas. I’ll usually smoke 2 big shoulders, pull the meat and then freeze it in quart sized ziplocks. Lasts me a couple of months.

For the carnitas, I take some of the pulled pork and quick fry it in a super hot cast iron skillet with fat left over from the drippings (or bacon grease if I don’t have leftover drippings) to git it crispy. I’ll add a little bit of margarita or ginger beer (depending on what I am drinking at the time) after removing from the heat, along with some of the liquid portion of the save drippings, so that it’s not too dry. Then I just put it in some fresh (and warmed) corn or flour tortillas with cotija cheese, onions (sometimes I use homemade pickled onions), fresh jalapeño, cilantro, avocado and a little bit of fresh salsa. Delish!

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota

1619905449829.jpeg

No doubt!

They have carnitas in Utah? Looks delicious. My local distiller & friend makes some mean triple sec too...one of which packs a punch!
IMG_20210502_003701.jpg
IMG_20210502_003707.jpg
Who would have thought the Uthans thread is the first one to turn to Marg recipes. Love it.

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who would have thought the Uthans thread is the first one to turn to Marg recipes. Love it.
We’ve got some quirky religion and politics, but we still know how to have fun!
Sponsored