How Long Can I Delay the 8-Steps?

OP
OP

4tangledkites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I am currently in a somewhat similar situation in that I would prefer to postpone delivery until Nov/Dec. For those of you that got your assigned VIN unmatched, was it pretty quick to get a new VIN if you ended up not getting one from the shop? I don't want to risk delaying delivery into 2024 because I worry about losing out on the tax credit ($7.5K). Thanks.

GR
I got basically got a new VIN immediately. When I was able to take delivery I contacted my guide, we had a call, and he matched me over the phone. There have been comments on the forums since then that suggest Rivian is being more difficult to folks that decline a VIN, so you may have to push that with your guide.
Sponsored

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
I got basically got a new VIN immediately. When I was able to take delivery I contacted my guide, we had a call, and he matched me over the phone. There have been comments on the forums since then that suggest Rivian is being more difficult to folks that decline a VIN, so you may have to push that with your guide.
Thanks. I guess I will need to get in touch with my guide.

GR

Rivian in CO

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S 2024; Honda Element 2008
Occupation
IT stuff

I'm now in a situation similar to the one described by the OP. I'm considering releasing my assigned VIN, and what @4tangledkites said is encouraging. I'm interested in hearing from other folks as well who have released a VIN, and how long it took them to get assigned a new VIN once they were ready.

Here's my situation: Early this week, I was assigned a VIN for my original order (i.e., not a Shop order), followed quickly by the Denver Service Center contacting me to schedule pick up for next week. I would like to wait until Jan 1 before I take delivery in order to get the increased CO State tax credit.

When I told my guide this, she said that they can't delay deliver of that VIN into January, but instead, could unpair my VIN., and to let her know when I'm ready to move forward with delivery in January.

I asked if my Shop access would be reinstated once my VIN has been unpaired, and she said no, I would not have my Shop access reinstated. She said "rather, we'll have to wait for your configuration to organically be paired with a new VIN."

Has anyone else been through this process, and how long did it take for "your configuration to be organically paired with a new VIN"?
Sponsored