Sponsored

hilld

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Cooper SE, Z4, X1
DT does not do alignments. Tires and wheels only..

I have heard of them charging $40, but that was on a summer to winter wheel swap. So not sure about the $40.. That is odd.
I pay $90 + tax at my discount tire to do the seasonal swap using the factory wheels.
Sponsored

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey @Discount Tire can you provide any news on the Toyo Open Country A/T III EV tires about to come out in a month or so? They appear to be one of the few (or only) A/T EV tires but there isn't a lot of info on tire size availability. Admittedly, I haven't contacted my local DT but they're usually busier than heck and I'm not thrilled about being on hold for 30-45 minutes.

technerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Bronco, 2022 R1T, 2021 Model 3
Clubs

Any locations coming to the Philadelphia area? Would love to have a reliable place to frequent!

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
Hello, Rivian Forums!

We are one of RF's newest official sponsors and wanted to take a minute to say hello and introduce the team! If this is your first time seeing us, we invite you to get to know us and take a look around at what we offer by following the link below.

Our Story | Discount Tire

Discount Tire is one of the largest independent tire and wheel retailers in the world. We have over 1,100 stores nationwide and take great pride in offering world class customer service and the lowest prices at the bottom line.

There will be three(3) of us messaging here on the forum: Joe, Jordan and I (Matt). We'll take care of everything for you, from answering stock inquires, setting up orders, to helping you find the perfect fit and product for your needs. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the best possible customer experience.

We do our best to respond to inquiries in a timely manner and will typically reply to all tagged posts and DM conversations in under 1 business day. Please bear in mind our online hours outlined below:

Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM (EDT)
Sat: Offline
Sun: Offline

We're thrilled to be a part of the community and look forward to helping the members here. If you ever need anything, we're a DM away!
Had my tires rotated today in Gainesville Georgia. They had the pucks, the specs and the suspension settings. They did a great job.
20240108_221235460_iOS.jpg

Geight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Which placard?

A:
PXL_20240109_001535114~2.jpg

Or

B:
PXL_20240109_001551056~2.jpg

Am I missing something? Not being obtuse, legitimately don't know if there's another.

I ordered tires online from DT, was ready to have installed locally on my stock rims, and was told No Go because the 115 load index. It was almost a year ago, early days of us discovering 115 options, so I didn't argue but would today with current knowledge. I ended up having them installed by a 3rd party, and will end up rotating myself since nothing was done by DT, both actions nullifying the certificates I bought with them. Do you have any advice?
Your rear axle can take almost a 5,000 lbs load. Using this lookup chart the tire dealer can find a tire that is suitable for your vehicle. Obviously since
You have two rear tires you divide the 5,000 by 2.

As an aside, I’m surprised your payload is so low. Mine is close to 1,700 lbs.

IMG_2915.png

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Just booked an appt to have my @Atomic Wheels mounted by @Discount Tire in a week with some Michelin Defender M/S2s. Very excited to ditch my factory 21s.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Your rear axle can take almost a 5,000 lbs load. Using this lookup chart the tire dealer can find a tire that is suitable for your vehicle. Obviously since
You have two rear tires you divide the 5,000 by 2.

As an aside, I’m surprised your payload is so low. Mine is close to 1,700 lbs.
I know how to find it, but it isn't a "rated load index" on manufacturer sticker. If that's what they mean, it maths to 113 minimum.

I have RUS and spare tire, they deduct that from payload.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Hey @Discount Tire can you provide any news on the Toyo Open Country A/T III EV tires about to come out in a month or so? They appear to be one of the few (or only) A/T EV tires but there isn't a lot of info on tire size availability. Admittedly, I haven't contacted my local DT but they're usually busier than heck and I'm not thrilled about being on hold for 30-45 minutes.
Here is sizing info from the announcement back in October:
Toyo said the tire will be produced in a wide range of sizes and high-load combinations for 18 to 24-inch wheel diameters. The first LT size (LT275/60R20) will be available February 2024 as an LT-metric upgrade for the Ford F-150 Lightning. Other OE and plus sizes of LT- and P/Euro-metric fitments have been developed and are planned to be released later in 2024 for EV trucks and SUVs such as the Rivian R1T/R1S and GMC Hummer EV, as well as future announcements like the Tesla Cybertruck and Chevrolet/GMC EVs. Toyo Tires said it will continue to roll out more sizes as this segment grows with new vehicles becoming available in the future.

Spork8

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thanks, that confirms they are coming out in February, as I had posted. I was looking to get info from DT about their expected availability of that tire. I suppose I could have been clearer on that.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
@Discount Tire great to see a large vendor like yourselves take an active interest in our community. Although your closest location (Martinsburg WV) is almost 90 minutes away, I've been tempted to make the drive for even a tire rotation because of your support for other Rivian R1 owners.

Are you actively supporting customers with aftermarket accessories that require non-factory processes, e.g. the DCE sliders (which cover the factory jack points and are themselves capable of supporting the weight of the vehicle)? I ask because I've encountered some resistance from local shops.
My apologies if others have already responded with this information. I have the DCE rock sliders and they do NOT cover the factory/OEM jack points.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

My apologies if others have already responded with this information. I have the DCE rock sliders and they do NOT cover the factory/OEM jack points.
THE PLOT THICKENS

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
You're correct, I misspoke. To clarify, jack pucks don't fit through the sliders to utilize the rear jack point. Is there another way to utilize the factory jack points with these sliders?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

We apologize for your recent experience. We would like to look further in to this to make sure you're taken care of. Hope you don't mind us sending a DM.
I appreciate that. Thank you. Sending a DM in a moment.

For anyone interested, look at this quote I got from Rivian to replace the missing jack point covers:

1704770827120.png

Duquesne

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Powerwagon, Alfa Giulia Quad
Occupation
Yes
Discount tires have been my go to for a decade. We realize not every visit is perfect but I’ve never had a visit they have not made right, eventually.

That being said, I’m going for a rotation in SAVANNAH Saturday and hope I didn’t jinx it

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thanks, that confirms they are coming out in February, as I had posted. I was looking to get info from DT about their expected availability of that tire. I suppose I could have been clearer on that.
Per what I shared, Rivian fitment will NOT be available in February. That should come at some point later in the year. It's unlikely DT has any more info than that.
Sponsored