Sponsored

Has anyone else had to get body work done?

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
If so what was the process and how long did it take. My wife backed into a tree tonight and unfortunately its a pretty bad dent on the side. The side panels are one contiguous panel, I don't know if it can be pulled or they have to replace the entire side of the truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone else had to get body work done? 1667013161241
Sponsored

johnstuder

First Name
JOhn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

If so what was the process and how long did it take. My wife backed into a tree tonight and unfortunately its a pretty bad dent on the side. The side panels are one contiguous panel, I don't know if it can be pulled or they have to replace the entire side of the t

Any update on this? looking at PDR now for a similar incident. Was out in the woods, and backed into a small tree that I missed. Decent size dent on the driver rear quarter panel.
Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone else had to get body work done? Dent1
Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone else had to get body work done? Dent2

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Yours look "pullable", mine is maybe pullable. I asked the service center people here to get me an estimate from a dent puller they work with but have not hear back.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
Yours look "pullable", mine is maybe pullable. I asked the service center people here to get me an estimate from a dent puller they work with but have not hear back.
did you ever hear anything back?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Ironically, I hit a tree, too! That makes 3 of us. In my case, I was off-roading on a narrow path and was trying to make room for an ATV coming from the opposite direction.

PPF and ceramic saved my ass on the paint, but I did get a crease dent in the passenger front door. My truck is currently with my PPF guy, who said he'd pull the PFF, get with his PDR guy, then re-apply the PPF and ceramic. I asked him to powder coat my wheels while the truck is in his shop as well.

I'll post some before and after pics, as well as final cost, once I get it back early next week.

Sponsored

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

those are steel panels so they can be pulled and worked on.
This is mine, pre body work and post body work.

just so you guys have an idea, this was $15,XXX.XX took 4 weeks for parts, 5 weeks for the repair and then another 6 weeks, a complaint against them to the state of FL, and a 5 min phone call from my lawyer, for statefarm to agree to pay the collision centers rates.

if i had to pay for this myself i would have tried the PDR route, but since this was the other guys fault i wanted to certified collision center to do all the work and get the lifetime guarantee to the repair.

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone else had to get body work done? PXL_20220906_203536355

Rivian R1T R1S Has anyone else had to get body work done? PXL_20221221_215421893

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Nice work (above). I have a small dent on the tailgate just above the R1T logo..anyone know if the tailgate is made of steel or aluminum?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have been looking into PDR in the Denver area this weekend (someone hit me in a parking lot and I came out to a dented bumper). I am getting quotes $1000-$1400 to fix it, but they did say I'll never know it even happened after they are done.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
I have been looking into PDR in the Denver area this weekend (someone hit me in a parking lot and I came out to a dented bumper). I am getting quotes $1000-$1400 to fix it, but they did say I'll never know it even happened after they are done.
You just got your truck! Did the gear guard pick up anything?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Dude ... I feel for you given our delivery days are 4 days apart. I really hope it gets fixed quick.

I have to tell you, I'm a nervous-nelly in parking lots at the moment. I've always parked "away" from shop entrances, and now I'm like super paranoid, I honestly feel like there's a target on my back. I'm worried about people getting 'target focused' on looking at the New Vehicle and then running into me ... it's happening on the road as well.

My Gear Guard is picking up people constantly walking around the vehicle peering into the vehicle and such so I don't think I'm misjudging the target focus concept.
Sponsored