Sponsored

Had anyone switched guides?

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
The temp plates fiasco is a textbook case where a guide would be priceless. Meanwhile mine does the bar minimum which includes not keeping me informed making me txt him and hope that I get a reply. Add to the fact that he said he was going to get info on why my truck was taking so long in the shop and never got back to me. I ended up driving to the SC.

I'd like to get a new guide assigned, but I don't know the process or even if Rivian allows it. Had anyone done this?
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I wonder how many guides are employed at Rivian… what do you think the guide-to-active reservation ratio is?

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sounds identical to my guide’s MO - ghost mode. When I do get emails from him, it’s strange responses to stuff we have already discussed. If he does eventually call me back, I’m tempted to ask to speak to his one-up to see if they can help me.

Your guide’s name begin with an A?

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I too am a victim of the registration fiasco. I can tell that my guide is super nice and means well but they have two very hard jobs - selling new vehicles and maintaining relationships with existing customers. Add to that the very high levels of chaos at Rivian with new people and processes. This is a systemic issue that will take time to resolve. I'm very doubtful that any individual would make a difference given their workload. So not saying you shouldn't try to switch, it just may not give you the results you're after.

r1vlife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition
The temp plates fiasco is a textbook case where a guide would be priceless. Meanwhile mine does the bar minimum which includes not keeping me informed making me txt him and hope that I get a reply. Add to the fact that he said he was going to get info on why my truck was taking so long in the shop and never got back to me. I ended up driving to the SC.

I'd like to get a new guide assigned, but I don't know the process or even if Rivian allows it. Had anyone done this?
What's your truck in the shop for?

Sponsored

OP
OP
User433

User433

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Yukon Denali
The guide concept is just another good idea poorly executed. Maybe I should start contacting support for everything and skip the whole guide process.

Mine starts with S. I agree super nice, but communication is very underwhelming especially during times when I don't have any insight into what's going on. In my mind, the communication and relationship is what makes the guide concept special, but this is where mine falls short.

My truck was in for a few things: jammed tonneau cover, wind noise on passenger side, charging port that wouldn't sit flush, and sqweeky front shocks. Most of which they fixed.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My truck is at Houston SC because it was leaking a bluish colored fluid from near front right wheel. Unfortunately, the general service reps aren’t able to see much as far as service status goes. After 4 days in Houston, I hadn’t heard any updates so I called service and they weren’t able to give me any information but did relay a message to people in Houston asking them to call me. It’s been at SC for 2 weeks now and got a call today that one of my shocks had to be ordered and replaced. Since I had it there, I also had them fix some holographic defects in my paint. Not sure why my shock leaked because it’s only been driven on well-paved city streets.

First Name
mfa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, 488, Model X, Honda Clarity, 911, Jeep
Same issue with my guide. My temps expired today. I'm going to DMV myself tmrw to see if I can title/register the truck. The guide has been pretty much worthless.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I got a new guide. My guide wasn't bad per se, but compared to the experience it seemed others were getting I decided to give another guide a shot when they offered it. It just seemed like my original guide wasn't as on top of things as others have reported, such as letting them know about opportunities to buy Launch Editions with Adventure reservations. Hard to say at this point if my new guide is measurably better. She's nice and understanding, but nothing significant has happened either way yet to really test if she's better or worse than the previous guide.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Maybe I should start contacting support for everything and skip the whole guide process.
In my experience, they redirect you back to your guide.

Mine starts with S.
Was your guide on vacation two weeks ago? Wondering if we have the same guide. 🤔

Sponsored

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The whole concept of guides is nice in theory, but execution is going to be hit or miss with more missing than justifies the position. With a company burning through cash at an alarming rate and making layoffs, I am surprised the guides still exist. I can't say mine has been all that useful. There should just be a phone number that is staffed by a few people and a call attendant queue who are able to assist with any questions or modifications needed for orders. The couple times I called my guide it rang to voicemail and I don't leave voicemails.
Sponsored