Sponsored

jackk0807

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MSLR, 22R1T, 21 G-wagon
Full wrap PPF with STEK DYNOshield film; selected STEK because of its glossiness, hydrophobic and ceramic bonded. They had my R1S for 10 days and I'm very happy with the outcome (with a couple of minor issues) but they will redo those.
IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7371.JPG

IMG_7372.JPG

IMG_7373.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

IMG_7376.JPG

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7392.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG
Very cool, just did the same full xpel wrap on my FG R1T and front/rear chrome delete f/r lower bumper and loved the look. Have you done/considered ceramic coating on top of that? My local shop didn't really recommend it though.

MVCA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Y; 2019 Toyota Tacoma; SOLD 2021 VW I.D
Occupation
Retired
No, but hopefully I’ll have an update by the end of the month.

I reserved in April of 2021 and I live close to the Costa Mesa SC so hopefully they can stick to my current 1st half of 2023 window.

How about you?
Sounds like you are not going with factory application, have you chosen someone yet to apply
No, but hopefully I’ll have an update by the end of the month.

I reserved in April of 2021 and I live close to the Costa Mesa SC so hopefully they can stick to my current 1st half of 2023 window.

How about you?
Looks awesome, that is my exact configuration. I keep switching between the 21" and 20" wheels. But every time I see the 20" I want them more. There are also more tire replacement options available. But I am still a year+ away from delivery so who knows what will be available then.
I have the same decision to make on the SUV arriving soon from what I understand. I have 21's on my Truck and from what I understand only one tire available now. The price on the 21" is not much more than on the 20's, but I've been told the 21's will wear quicker. The 20's will give you a smoother ride but will cost you $1,800 more. So 20's or 21's?

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Very cool, just did the same full xpel wrap on my FG R1T and front/rear chrome delete f/r lower bumper and loved the look. Have you done/considered ceramic coating on top of that? My local shop didn't really recommend it though.
I read it somewhere that Xpel and their dealers only allow their own brand of ceramic coating on their PPF, not sure if that is true or not. I don't plan on doing ceramic on my Stek PPF because the film already infused with ceramic coating.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Sounds like you are not going with factory application, have you chosen someone yet to apply
It don’t know if factory PPF will be available before our R1S is built. I’ll see what options there are then…

Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It don’t know if factory PPF will be available before our R1S is built. I’ll see what options there are then…
Honestly, I would not recommend factory ppf because the quality is likely to not be as good as a high end shop and it will be difficult to get little things fixed whenever they arise. Getting it put in while paint is virgin has its advantages, but knowing the people who put on the ppf has its advantages too.

As temp changes cause tiny bubbles or accidents happen, most Xpel shops worth their salt will fix any bubbles or damage without charging you.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Honestly, I would not recommend factory ppf because the quality is likely to not be as good as a high end shop and it will be difficult to get little things fixed whenever they arise. Getting it put in while paint is virgin has its advantages, but knowing the people who put on the ppf has its advantages too.

As temp changes cause tiny bubbles or accidents happen, most Xpel shops worth their salt will fix any bubbles or damage without charging you.
Thanks! I’ve never done PPF on a vehicle before so getting more information on the options is helpful.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Pictures of your R1T after everything done? Did you cover or paint the chrome?

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I would love to see straight on pictures of the wlole truck with wrapped pieces as I have my truck at the shop now for ppf and tint

Sponsored

preethumb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Full wrap PPF with STEK DYNOshield film; selected STEK because of its glossiness, hydrophobic and ceramic bonded. They had my R1S for 10 days and I'm very happy with the outcome (with a couple of minor issues) but they will redo those.
IMG_7304.JPG

IMG_2531.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_7370.JPG

IMG_7371.JPG

IMG_7372.JPG

IMG_7373.JPG

IMG_7375.JPG

IMG_7376.JPG

IMG_7377.JPG

IMG_7378.JPG

IMG_7381.JPG

IMG_7384.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

IMG_7389.JPG

IMG_7392.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG
looks great! Can I ask what shop you used in the bay area?

VancouverClearBra

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jurgen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW M235i, Ford F350
Occupation
Clear Bra Installer
I read it somewhere that Xpel and their dealers only allow their own brand of ceramic coating on their PPF, not sure if that is true or not. I don't plan on doing ceramic on my Stek PPF because the film already infused with ceramic coating.
You technically can put whatever you choose, its just if you want the full warranty they ask to have the Xpel FUSION PLUS ceramic coating put on. Or one can get Xpel ULTIMATE FUSION PPF which already has ceramic coating applied during the manufacturing process. One nice thing too now is there's a satin ceramic coating from Xpel specifically for the Xpel STEALTH satin matte clear bra.
Sponsored