I haven’t seen the email yet either 😞

JKDU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Professor
I got the email (R1S Adventure Oct-Dec 22 delivery estimate) but nothing in my account or guide contact. Do I dare hope that this means I should get ready for a very early delivery because not everyone received this email? Live in Denver (lots of R1Ts at Service Center) and configured to optimize early delivery. But the realist in me says Tony would have addressed this email with something like, "Since you are getting close to receiving your new Rivian..." or something along those lines in the body of the email letter to indicate this email is specifically for those on the list that are getting ready to receive their Rivian. So I'm going to lean towards the belief this was meant as a generic email to everyone despite the subject line.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I haven’t seen the email yet either 😞
That's interesting. I got one, October 2019 preorder (R1S) with Oct-Dec 22 delivery window.

Sponsored

Jumacao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T PDM MP CY, Tesla Model Y, Energica Eva
Occupation
Legal
I haven't gotten this email either. Maybe it IS only going out to people relatively close to the front of the line.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I received the email and got excited until I read it. Probably a blanket email in response to some complaints regarding the complexity of the purchase process. Or is preparation for the communication of the new build year windows.

No Parts = No R1s

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
My theory is switchers (max->large or explore->adventure) or 2023+ est delivery didnt get the email

I know this theory is correct because I have this math lady meme

Rivian R1T R1S Get Ready for the Purchase Process Email 1651802148327

Last edited:

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

this was a completely brain dead, tone deaf, and generally poorly thought out email to send to a bunch of folks waiting on pins and needles.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Got this today.

As we shared last week, we’re taking every opportunity to get you into your new Rivian as quickly as possible. With that in mind, here’s what you can anticipate with our current purchase process. For many of you, this will be the first time purchasing from a direct-to-consumer automaker. We've blended digital, self-service options with dedicated Guide support so that you can move as fast as you want while having all the assistance you need.

1: Prepare for purchase

As you approach your estimated delivery window, you can prepare by:
  • Contacting the CEC on any last-minute questions about your configuration.
  • Getting preliminary quotes and information on financing and insurance.
  • Organizing any paperwork required for trading in your existing vehicle.
Once this is done, sit tight — your Guide will contact you when it’s time to confirm your order.
2: Confirm and sign
Once your Guide reaches out, there are two steps you’ll need to complete promptly.

From the point of Guide contact, you’ll have 72 hours to confirm your order via phone, SMS or email. Once confirmed, your order is locked, and a Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement will be generated and immediately emailed to you. From there, you’ll have 48 hours to sign and submit this document.

We understand that things come up and some of you may require more time. If you’re unable to complete these two steps within these timeframes, we'll un-match you from the proposed vehicle and reach out again in the future when we have another build slot for your vehicle.

After you’ve confirmed your order and signed the Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement, we’ll begin the process of entering your vehicle into our production queue. No additional action is needed until you’re invited into the digital purchasing process.

3: Complete the digital purchasing process

Once your vehicle is ready, you'll be invited into the digital purchasing process. You’ll have six days to complete this eight-step process and take delivery. Not all steps are required, so only review the options you need to complete your transaction.
1. Title & Registration: Determine who will be listed on the title including any co-registrants.
2. Trade-in: Get a trade-in estimate and coordinate your trade-in if applicable.
3. Financing: Apply for financing through Rivian Financial Services, bring your own vehicle financing or select cash payment.
4. Insurance: Choose if you’d like to insure your vehicle through Rivian Insurance or a third-party. In either case, make sure your Rivian VIN is added to your insurance policy.
5. Uploading Documents: Upload all required documents.
6. Sign Contracts: Electronically sign your vehicle contract.
7. Payment: Select your preferred payment method for your vehicle.
8. Delivery: Let us know how, where and when you’d like to take delivery of your Rivian.

Still have questions? Take a deeper dive into the digital purchasing process in our Support Center. Depending on your specific situation, purchases can be completed in as little as 20 minutes.

Your Guide will be there to assist you every step of the way — from order confirmation through delivery day and beyond. The CEC is also standing by to support those who haven’t been contacted by a Guide just yet.

We hope this helps simplify the days leading up to your delivery. If you have any other questions about buying a Rivian, don’t hesitate to reach out.

More soon!

Tony Caravano
Head of Customer Engagement
I received the same email. Not sure that this email is such a great idea giving how long some of us still need to wait.

I suppose this email acknowledges what we here in the forum are learning from other members --that you may be offered your R1 at any time despite being in a later delivery window like Oct-Dec or 1H2023.

I would have preferred an email with updated delivery windows. Hopefully that comes sOOn.

Sponsored

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I didn’t get this email.
It doesn’t seem to have new information but concerning it isn’t going out to everyone.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I think we just got trolled by Tony :CWL:
Tony at the office talking to his staff, "Hey take a look at this email I'm about to send. Watch rivianforums.com light up when I send this email. Ha, ha, haaa."
Sponsored