Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Steering wheel bothers me, but I could probably get used to that. The rest of the interior looks quite nice. The front exterior, however, is absolutely awful. I can't believe anyone finds that attractive.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Steering wheel bothers me, but I could probably get used to that. The rest of the interior looks quite nice. The front exterior, however, is absolutely awful. I can't believe anyone finds that attractive.
I guess looks are subjective, because I am a big fan of the new design language of the new Genesis lineup. They are very unique and stand out in a crowd. The proportions are better with the new G70 and the GV70, but the G80/90/GV80 have a presence in person.

After all as Rivian enthusiast, we like the goofy looking front end of the Rivians for how unique it is.

The steering is actually very comfortable, but they do have a Sport Steering in their Sport trims in the GV70 and the G70, which are lot better looking.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
the G80/90/GV80 have a presence in person.
You can have a "presence" and still be ugly.

After all as Rivian enthusiast, we like the goofy looking front end of the Rivians for how unique it is.
It's not for everyone, but I find the Rivian front end to be quirky and "happy".

The GV80 front end is just gaudy.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I guess looks are subjective, because I am a big fan of the new design language of the new Genesis lineup. They are very unique and stand out in a crowd. The proportions are better with the new G70 and the GV70, but the G80/90/GV80 have a presence in person.

The steering is actually very comfortable, but they do have a Sport Steering in their Sport trims in the GV70 and the G70, which are lot better looking.
To each their own. I’m sure there are a bunch of people who hate the front end of the Rivian as well. I personally hate the interiors of the Tesla’s. Just too simplistic for me.

I’m a big fan of Genesis. I have been closely watching for the GV60 announcement. That one is based off their Mint concept car and sports the same platform as the Ioniq 5 and EV6. It’s either going to be the GV60 or the R1T for me.

Sponsored

jsharpe

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is the reviewer exceptionally tall or maybe had the seat raised as high as it would go? There seemed to be an apparent lack of headroom. The leading roof edge and visor seemed to be about level with his forehead.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
As an 'adventure' vehicle I'm a bit concerned about wear to the painted surfaces on the front end. There's lots of bugs and rocks in 'adventure' places.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Is the reviewer exceptionally tall or maybe had the seat raised as high as it would go? There seemed to be an apparent lack of headroom. The leading roof edge and visor seemed to be about level with his forehead.
He said later in the video he's 6'2" & that both headroom & legroom are lacking in the back.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
He said later in the video he's 6'2" & that both headroom & legroom are lacking in the back.
The eG80 is built on a platform meant for a ICE vehicle. There will be more room on the eGMP platform

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The eG80 is built on a platform meant for a ICE vehicle. There will be more room on the eGMP platform
Makes sense. Battery pack bulging into trunk & other details would be strange design decisions on a dedicated EV platform.

OP
OP
rraj2k81

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
To each their own. I’m sure there are a bunch of people who hate the front end of the Rivian as well. I personally hate the interiors of the Tesla’s. Just too simplistic for me.

I’m a big fan of Genesis. I have been closely watching for the GV60 announcement. That one is based off their Mint concept car and sports the same platform as the Ioniq 5 and EV6. It’s either going to be the GV60 or the R1T for me.
Yeah never been a fan of the sparse and relatively low quality (for me) interior of a Tesla.

Been a fan of Genesis since the first G70 and I like the new GV70. I know Genesis has an electrified version of the GV70 in the pipeline and I believe it will be based on the eGMP platform.
If this is true and they do release it in time for 2022, I will be very interested.

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
My wife impulsively purchased a Genesis when they first made an appearance here. It was an incredibly fun car to drive. She then impulsively traded it in for a Cadillac SUV because she wanted a higher seating position. That ended up being a horrible vehicle.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
My wife impulsively purchased a Genesis when they first made an appearance here. It was an incredibly fun car to drive. She then impulsively traded it in for a Cadillac SUV because she wanted a higher seating position. That ended up being a horrible vehicle.
Ya Genesis to a Cadillac SUV sounds like a bad move. My mechanic loves his GMC/Chevy products. Keeps him in business