Sponsored

FOREST GREEN R1T Photos

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I dipped while on The truck. Im not a fan of The aero covers look so i havent put them back on. Durability is fine so far (3 months no scratches).
How did you prevent spray on the calipers painting them in situ?

lorenv

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3 mini electric
Occupation
engineer
To mask off The calipers, i cut open garbage bags and fed them in behind The rims. Then blue painter tape to hold in place. Around The rims i tucked in playing cards between The rims and tire to mask that part off

Eventually i will Get them powder coated. Just waiting to see if i end up getting a second set of rims and winter tires. Also wasnt sure about The look of all Black rims. Love it now

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

To mask off The calipers, i cut open garbage bags and fed them in behind The rims. Then blue painter tape to hold in place. Around The rims i tucked in playing cards between The rims and tire to mask that part off

Eventually i will Get them powder coated. Just waiting to see if i end up getting a second set of rims and winter tires. Also wasnt sure about The look of all Black rims. Love it now
McGrubber!!!!!

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I dipped while on The truck. Im not a fan of The aero covers look so i havent put them back on. Durability is fine so far (3 months no scratches).
I dipped my winters on a previous car and they got through 4 New England winters and still looked good. I peeled it off before selling and the wheels looked like new underneath. Had a great overall experience with dipping wheels and would not hesitate to do it again

Sponsored

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I honestly thought I'd hate the 21" tires but they are really growing on me, don't think I am going to take the covers off, you really only notice them if you are up close.

Rivian R1T R1S FOREST GREEN R1T Photos 1675125363183

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I honestly thought I'd hate the 21" tires but they are really growing on me, don't think I am going to take the covers off, you really only notice them if you are up close.

1675125363183.png
Agreed!! They grew on me too and I prefer them with covers. I think they match the “ev vibe” and the truck really well. Looks even better on an S, not gonna lie.

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

INSANELY HAPPY with the way the @twraps black vinyl looks on these 21’s. I’m one of few who loves these wheels with the aero covers over without.
FD0C5032-4DB3-4ED7-AE3D-47ECCFDAAA0B.jpeg

876BDE37-E8AE-486F-B2A8-F99F5F8546E9.jpeg
Thanks for posting, I was considering those traps vinyl and wondering how they would look...great!

Sponsored

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Almost should do a poll for this. I have seen a couple of forest green trucks in the shop that are very close to my config (which happens to be El Cap). I've been tempted but I've never seen it, or any other color up close and personal and I ain't driving to ATL or flying to Normal. So, I have to rely on threads like this. I understand that the green has a very high metallic flake so the lighting and surroundings can make a big difference. That being said, would you say that, in most conditions, the green is a dark green or a more golden green?

Second question, forest edge is non-negotiable. Too much green or OK?
Thanks.

swaggner

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3M / Rivian R1T (future)
Clubs

Almost should do a poll for this. I have seen a couple of forest green trucks in the shop that are very close to my config (which happens to be El Cap). I've been tempted but I've never seen it, or any other color up close and personal and I ain't driving to ATL or flying to Normal. So, I have to rely on threads like this. I understand that the green has a very high metallic flake so the lighting and surroundings can make a big difference. That being said, would you say that, in most conditions, the green is a dark green or a more golden green?

Second question, forest edge is non-negotiable. Too much green or OK?
Thanks.
I have Forest Green and would say that in most conditions it dark green. Only in direct bright sunlight do you get more “golden” due to the flake.

I also have Forest Edge interior and think the combination looks incredible and doesn’t feel like to much green. The FE seats are a greyish green. The warm ash wood looks amazing too.

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
I'm a couple weeks from mine being delivered, but as a FG/FE buyer, I'm all about the "Doublemint".

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

I have Forest Green and would say that in most conditions it dark green. Only in direct bright sunlight do you get more “golden” due to the flake.

I also have Forest Edge interior and think the combination looks incredible and doesn’t feel like to much green. The FE seats are a greyish green. The warm ash wood looks amazing too.
Thanks. This is exactly what I needed to know (of course, the next person will probably contradict that and I'll be back in a quandry)
Sponsored