Sponsored

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
Just received the notice yesterday about the ATL event so looking out for the date and details. I’ll most likely attend.
I may go as well. As soon as they release dates I will try to make it work.
Sponsored

schiavet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d
Just saw this - Miami here - put down the deposit on an R1S a month ago, but will likely switch to an R1T. Unlikely to make ATL, so I hope they trickle south soon...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I may go as well. As soon as they release dates I will try to make it work.
ATL is scheduled for Friday 9/13, and I'm assuming it will be an evening event.

GriffJP

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Dodge Challenger Demon, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Reporting in from Melbourne, FL. I preordered the R1T back in April. Looking forward to getting more information on the vehicle, especially when we will get the opportunity to configure the truck. My wife's Hellcat will be on the chopping block for the R1T. My F8 Green Demon will provide us with the horsepower and noise fix!

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Reporting in from Melbourne, FL. I preordered the R1T back in April. Looking forward to getting more information on the vehicle, especially when we will get the opportunity to configure the truck. My wife's Hellcat will be on the chopping block for the R1T. My F8 Green Demon will provide us with the horsepower and noise fix!
Wow Hellcat to R1T, talk about a complete switch from ICE to EV! :like:

Sponsored

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
I get it! I sold my Hellcat to get the Tesla Model X which I will be selling to get the Rivian. I have preordered the R1T. If the stats are correct, it will be faster than the Hellcat in the 0-60 run.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I traded an Audi R8 V10 Spyder for my first EV. I did it with all kinds of trepidation, including worry about missing the great engine sound track of driving with the top down. The EV drivetrain was definitely a different experience, but I'll never again opt for an ICE performance car over an EV performance car. Driving a high-performance EV is downright intoxicating . . . and the fact that a pickup truck and an SUV will soon fall into that category just blows my mind.

TN2NFL80

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 450 Hybrid F-Sport
Received my notice today as well for ATL on the 13th from 6-9. Unfortunately, I’m working and will be unable to make the time from my location.

BlindPass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Insight
I traded an Audi R8 V10 Spyder for my first EV. I did it with all kinds of trepidation, including worry about missing the great engine sound track of driving with the top down. The EV drivetrain was definitely a different experience, but I'll never again opt for an ICE performance car over an EV performance car. Driving a high-performance EV is downright intoxicating . . . and the fact that a pickup truck and an SUV will soon fall into that category just blows my mind.
Great share. It’s amazing to think the EV evolution is in many ways just beginning. Imo EV isn’t just changing the drivetrain, but treating cars like Tech.

I occasionally still get nostalgic over great exhaust notes, but my kids are going to find that funny when they’re of age to care.

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I still read a lot of car press, but I used to spin all kinds of daydreams about driving this or that car I would read about. These days, all the talk about compression ratios, valve train design, transmission ratios, exhaust management, etc. just sounds so . . . outdated. It's almost like coming across an old turntable article from Stereo Review discussing vertical tracking angles and tonearm balancing. Nostalgia inducing, yes. Tweaking my urge to buy, no.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Here is the October check-in for any new Rivian Pre-Order customers located in the Sunshine State!

• Jimcgov3: Jax - R1T
  • Hmp10: Naples - R1S
  • BlindPass: Tampa - R1S
  • TN2NFL80: Tally - R1T
  • Rockstar2020: Orlando - R1T
  • GriffJP: Melbourne - R1T
  • schiavet: Coral Gables - R1S
  • Joel: Palm Beach - BOTH
  • Spruce Bruce: Port Orange - R1S
  • Novo-Caine: Indialantic - R1T
  • Fireguy2020: Gainesville**New**

So far so good. As far as the forum gos, we have the most reservation holders and posts.

Any new additions?

Last edited:

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Here is the October check-in for any new Rivian Pre-Order customers located in the Sunshine State!

Jimcgov3: Jax - R1T
Hmp10: Naples - R1S
BlindPass: Tampa - R1S
TN2NFL80: Tally - R1T
Rockstar2020: Orlando - R1T
GriffJP: Melbourne - R1T
schiavet: Coral Gables - R1S
Joel: Palm Beach - R1S
Spruce Bruce: Port Orange - R1S
Novo-Caine: Indialantic - R1T
Fireguy2020: Gainesville**New**

So far so good. As far as the forum gos, we have the most reservation holders and posts.

Any new additions?
R1T and R1S( two reservations now)

OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Good evening.

We are quickly approaching the end of the calendar year and just 2 days away from the 1 year anniversary of the announcement of the R1T. With the 1 year anniversary coming up and the announcement of the Cybertruck just last week, I thought it would be time for another check-in for any new reservation holders in the Sunshine state for either the R1T or R1S or maybe a check-in of someone who was swayed away from Rivian by the announcement of the Cybertruck.

We still have our Rivian R1T reservation. How about the rest of y'all?
Sponsored